The man accused of stalking Rihanna pleaded ‘no contest’ today at a hearing in Los Angeles.
Eduardo Leon, 27, jumped over a fence and broke into the singer’s home in the Hollywood Hills before being discovered by her assistant. He may have been in the Barbados-born singer’s home for up to 12 hours before being found.
It’s thought he’d managed to disable her burglar alarm and security system and had been inside her LA-area home for quite some time. Ri-Ri’s assistant found him calmly unpacking his bag and charging his phone.
Leon told cops he was in the house to have sex with Rihanna , who wasn’t there at the time – and added that he planned not to use force on her.
Leon had reportedly broken into another nearby home the week before, mistakenly thinking it was on Rihanna’s .
Leon, of Fullerton, California, pleaded no contest on Wednesday to felony counts of stalking and vandalism and a misdemeanour count of resisting arrest for the May 9 incident.
He was sentenced to formal probation for five years and placed on GPS monitoring for 90 days.
Leon was ordered to stay away from Rihanna for 10 years and cannot use social media while on probation. He must also take part in mental health and drug treatment programmes, authorities said.
If Leon violates the terms of his probation, he could face up to four years and eight months in state prison.
Showbiz and TV editor’s picks
Source: Read Full Article