Scallops, steak with heart-shaped butter, melted Camembert, billionaire's desserts and a bottle of Prosecco are among the lavish dishes you can take home as part of the deal.
The deal – which is in stores only from February 12 – includes a starter for two, main for two, side dish, dessert for two, a box of chocolates and a bottle of Prosecco or wine.
There are also options for non-drinkers.
Depending on what options you pick, you could save up to £19.30 on what you would pay normally for the items when it's not Valentine's Day.
We've revealed the best value products to choose, and the worst value combination too.
What's included in M&S's Valentine's Day meal deal?
- Coquille St Jacques – £6
- Salmon & King Prawn Stacks – £6
- Cheese & Leek Souffle Tarts – £3.30
- Gastropub Camembert with Chutney – £3
- Gastropub Runny Scotch Egg – £3.50
- Salmon, Prawn & Avocado Starter – £6
- Vegan Sweet Potato Falafels (Vegan) – £3
- Rump Steak with Peppercorn Sauce – £10
- Pork Shoulder with Honey – £10
- Sirloin Steaks with Heart Butter – £8
- Gastropub Beef Bourguignon – £8
- 2 Baked Ricotta Stacks – £7
- Turkey Paupiettes – £10
- Butterflied Seabass Fillets – £10
- Gastropub Lamb Shanks – £12
- Valentines Heart Peppercorn Steak Pies – £6
- Gastropub Chicken & Prosciutto – £6
- Roasted Mushroom Stroganoff (Vegan) – £6
- Potato Rosti – £2.20
- Spinach Pea & Samphire – £2.40
- Garlic Mushrooms – £2.30
- Dauphinoise Potatoes – £2.80
- Tenderstem Asparagus Spears (Vegan) – £2
- Chantannay Carrot & Parsnips (Vegan) – £2.20
- Frites – £2.30
- Asparagus Extra Fine (Vegan) – £2.30
- Truffled Cauliflower Cheese – £2.80
- Triple Cooked Chips – £2.50
- Parmesan Mash – £2.80
- Profiterole Stacks – £3
- 2 Billionaires Desserts – £4
- Apple & Almond Slices – £3.50
- Toffee Tarts – £4
- Twin Heart Chocolate Dessert – £4
- Vibrant Macaroons – £5
- Strawberries in Heart Shaped Punnet (Vegan) – £3.50
- Milk & Dark Chocolate Hearts – £1.50
- Selection of fizz, white, red, rose and non-alcoholic drink options available including Conte Pruilli Prosecco – £12
To save £19.30, choose one of M&S's three £6 starters, which includes luxurious Coquille St Jacques scallops.
You should then choose the shop's most expensive main to be included in the deal: Gastropub Lamb Shanks, which are worth £12.
For side dishes, pick one of three items priced at £2.80, which includes Truffled Cauliflower Cheese and Parmesan Mash.
To really get your money's worth, then pick the £5 Vibrant Macaroons and a £12 bottle of Conte Pruilli Prosecco, and there's also a box of chocs included that's worth £1.50.
In total, the items should add up to £37.80.
You will still save money even if you pick the cheapest options included in the deal.
Book a holiday from £9.50 with The Sun!
FANCY getting away from it all?
Our Hols from £9.50 are back!
This means you could book a break at one of 333 holiday parks across the UK and abroad, for under a tenner!
All you need to do is collect TEN Sun Savers codes or TEN tokens or codewords printed in The Sun. This round is running between Saturday, January 5 and Tuesday, January 29.
If you’re collecting Sun Savers codes: ENTER YOUR CODES HERE
If you're collecting tokens or codewords use the booking form or book online at thesun.co.uk/holidays
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions and date restrictions apply. For full T&Cs see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Choosing one of two starters worth £3, a main worth £6, a side of Tenderstem Asparagus Spears worth £2, a £3 profiteroles dessert, the box of chocs for £1.50, and a £12 bottle of Prosecco would save you £7.50 as the items should cost £27.50.
We've asked M&S for the weights of each menu option but the supermarket said it doesn't have the information yet.
For the first time this year, M&S is giving customers three courses of vegan options.
But don't worry if you're a committed carnivore as there are plenty of meaty options to choose from, including heart-shaped steak pies.
M&S's meal deal is better value than the Valentine's offer at Tesco, which will also cost loved-up couples £20.
There the maximum saving is £13.70 so you will get more for your money at M&S.
There are also more options, with 37 different food items to choose between.
But M&S's deal is still one of the priciest around, being £5 more expensive than Asda's very similar £15 offer.
Elsewhere, both the Co-op and Iceland have deals on for £8 that include two mains, a side and a dessert.
The cheapest Valentine's deal is at Aldi, which starts from £6.77 for two including a main, side dish and dessert.
But Aldi's offer isn't a set price so shoppers can potentially save more money by choosing the Co-op or Iceland.
M&S has 1,010 stores in the UK. You can find your nearest branch using its online store finder tool.
If you do want to dine out on Valentine's Day, Wetherspoons has a £20 menu for two on the most romantic day of the year.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article