The show's latest series came to an end earlier this year – here's the lowdown on the festive edition of the BBC favourite…
When is the Call The Midwife Christmas special on TV?
Call The Midwife's Christmas Special will air on Christmas Day on BBC One.
The 90-minute special will air at 7.45pm, and if you miss it, it will be available to catch up on the BBC iPlayer.
This will mark the beginning of series eight with eight more episodes set to be released in the New Year.
You can catch up on the first six series of the show on Netflix UK.
Who are the new nurses in the Call The Midwife Christmas special 2018?
New addition Sister Mildred (played by Miriam Margolyes) arrives unexpectedly at Nonnatus House with four Chinese orphans.
Having fled China, the child refugees were found abandoned in Hong Kong and are being adopted in the UK as part of the World Refugee Project.
Other new characters include Sister Hilda played by Fenella Woolgar and Sister Frances played by Ella Bruccoleri.
Georgie Glen will also join the cast as Miss Higgins – the new receptionist at Dr Turner’s surgery.
Who is in the cast of the Call The Midwife Christmas special?
Here's who we know so far will be in the Christmas special:
- Jenny Agutter plays Sister Julienne
- Linda Bassett plays Nurse Crane
- Judy Parfitt plays Sister Monica Joan
- Helen George plays Trixie
- Laura Main plays Shelagh Turner
- Victoria Yeates plays Sister Winifred
- Jennifer Kirby plays Valerie
- Stephen McGann plays Dr Turner
- Cliff Parisi plays Fred
- Max Macmillan plays Timothy
- Miriam Margolyes as Sister Mildred
- Annette Crosbie (character yet to be announced)
Will there be a series eight of Call The Midwife?
An eighth season is set to air on BBC One in January and February 2019.
The season will consist of eight hour-long episodes.
The hit series has been renewed until 2020.
Source: Read Full Article