Apple TV+ has announced a new musical comedy series is in the works and a star-studded cast is attached!
SNL creator Lorne Michaels is executive producing the series, which was created by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio.
Emmy nominee Cecily Strong will lead the cast as Melissa in the new series, which doesn’t have a title yet. The new comedy series follows a couple on a backpacking trip designed to reinvigorate their relationship when they discover a magical town in which everyone acts as if they’re in a musical from the 1940s. They then discover that they can’t leave until they find “true love.”
Click inside to see the full cast and a list of their character descriptions…
The show also stars:
- Keegan Michael-Key as ‘Josh,’ Melissa’s (Strong) long term, pragmatic partner, and the last person who wants to be stuck in this magical town.
- Alan Cumming as ‘Mayor Menlove,’ the welcoming mayor of the town with a secret (and a song) in his heart.
- Fred Armisen as Reverend Layton, the mild-mannered religious leader of the town.
- Kristin Chenoweth as ‘Mildred Layton,’ Reverend Layton’s morally superior wife who is in everybody’s business.
- Aaron Tveit as ‘Danny Bailey,’ the town bad boy who is trouble with a capital T, especially once he sets his sights on Melissa.
- Dove Cameron as ‘Betsy,’ the farmers daughter who instantly falls for Josh.
- Ariana DeBose as ‘Emma Tate,’ a more modern woman and the town’s teacher, she struggles to fit into the town’s strict mold.
- Jaime Camil as ‘Doc Lopez,’ the handsome town doctor with an icy heart.
- Jane Krakowski as ‘The Countess,’ a stunning and sophisticated woman determined to marry Doc Lopez.
- Ann Harada as ‘Florence Menlove,’ the oblivious and dutiful wife of Mayor Menlove.
The new series will debut globally on Apple TV+ next year!
Source: Read Full Article