Prince William is not planning to travel to Qatar for the 2022 World Cup in November, according to reports.
The Prince of Wales, 40, had been expected to travel for the tournament and attend matches in the Middle East, as he's known to be an avid football fan and is also President of the Football Association.
However, the dad-of-three will reportedly not make the journey to Qatar as his schedule for November and December is already packed with Royal engagements, reports The Sun.
William and his wife Kate, 40, have a number of engagements scheduled during the World Cup, including a trip to Boston, US, for the Earthshot Prize on 2 December.
Sources close to the Royal also claimed that even if the England national team were to make it to the final on 18 December, William is unlikely to attend and would only make an appearance if part of a government delegation.
Hosts Qatar have been hit with protests concerning poor conditions for stadium workers and criminalisation of same-sex relationships over recent months.
James Cleverly, the foreign secretary, came under fire recently after warning LGBT supporters to be "respectful of the host nation" during the World Cup.
James' comments were made the morning after Rishi Sunak was appointed as the new Prime Minister, following Liz Truss' resignation.
According to The Telegraph, a Number 10 spokesman said of gay fans: “We wouldn’t expect them to compromise who they are and you’ll know the UK has very clear rules around this.
“Qatar’s policies are not those of the UK Government and not ones that we would endorse.”
England captain Harry Kane, 29, is among several team captains who are said to be planning to wear a rainbow 'One Love' armband during the World Cup, in order to make a statement against discrimination.
The 2022 World Cup will kick off on Sunday 20 November and will finish on Sunday 18 December.
England will play Iran on 21 November, before facing USA on 25 November. England will then play Wales on 29 November.
Mike Tindall joins I'm A Celebrity 2022 line-up in '£150k pay deal' as he lands in Australia
Princess Anne pays tribute to 'tragic loss' of 11 lives at Uganda school on her tour list
King Charles steps in to stop sacking of Princes Andrew and Harry from major job
- Charles 'won't progress with slimmed monarchy plans and will keep number of working royals to 11'
To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE
Source: Read Full Article