Rebekah Vardy shares exactly what she said to Coleen Rooney after Wagatha Christie post

Rebekah Vardy has told all on exactly what happened when Coleen Rooney shared her now-infamous Twitter post back in October 2019.

The two WAGs have bee at war ever since Coleen, 36, accused Rebekah, 40, of leaking stories about her to the press.

Coleen, who is married to footballer-turned-manager Wayne set up an elaborate sting operation to work out which of the accounts following her private Instagram was linked to articles appearing in a newspaper.

Sharing her findings, she told fans she had been posting false Instagram stories while limiting who could view them.

"I have saved and screenshotted all the original stories which clearly show just one person has viewed them," she wrote. "It's…. Rebekah Vardy's account."

The spat culminated in a recent trial, which Rebekah lost as a judge ruled it was “likely” that her agent at the time, Caroline Watt, “undertook the direct act” of passing the information to The Sun.

Speaking for the first time since the ruling, Rebekah has told all on the moments immediately after Coleen's post – as she learnt of the 'investigation' as the public did.

Rebekah – who was on holiday in Dubai when Coleen posted – told the Sun that her agent called to let her know about the situation.

She added: “All of a sudden my phone imploded.

“I had a missed call from a withheld number, but then she [Coleen] messaged me and said: ‘I’ve been trying to call you’.

“I picked up the phone and called her and basically said, ‘What the f*** is this?’"

Rebekah described Coleen's response as "quite rude" and quite harsh", adding: "And at that point I really didn’t know what it was.

“It was like, ‘No, surely this can’t be real; no one would do that.”

The mum-of-five's interview with the Sun comes ahead of a televised interview with TalkTV.

A trailer for that chat, which will air on Wednesday 3 August at 8pm, sees the star tearfully insist "I did not it," in reference to the leaking.

"I feel let down by a lot of people and a lot of things but, most importantly, I feel let down by the legal system," Rebekah goes on.

Her interview comes after Rebekah expressed her disappointment last week following the verdict.

"I am extremely sad and disappointed at the decision that the judge has reached," her statement began.

“It is not the result that I had expected, nor believe was just. I brought this action to vindicate my reputation and am devastated by the judge’s finding."

Meanwhile, Coleen shared how "pleased" she was that the ruling went in her favour – while insisting she “never believed” the case should have gone to court “at such expense in times of hardship for so many people when the money could have been far better spent helping others".

READ MORE:

  • Danielle Lloyd says Wagatha 'strengthened' Rooney marriage: 'They can’t get any stronger'
  • Rebekah Vardy flashes peace sign in new snap after Wagatha Christie trial loss
  • Coleen Rooney 'considers damages claim against Rebekah Vardy after libel win in new Wagatha clash'
  • What's next for Rebekah Vardy as she faces '£2m' legal bill
  • Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter

Source: Read Full Article