Cleaning fanatics warned they could create ‘toxic gas’ when using a common combination of household products

MRS Hinch wannabes often turn to home-made solutions, using ingredients such as bicarbonate of soda and lemon juice. 

But they’ve been warned mixing two common products you find in your cupboard – bleach and vinegar – can be dangerous in the wrong ratio. 

Both can usually be found in a cleaner’s arsenal of supplies, but the experts at Choice explained they should be handled with care. 

That's because mixing them incorrectly can trigger a gas which is harmful.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that inhaling the gas can lead to skin blisters, coughing, nausea, vomiting, a burning sensation in the throat and eyes as well as blurred vision. 

The CDC also warned people that toxic gas can be released if you’re not careful about which cleaning products you’re mixing. 

They added that bleach can release noxious gas if it's mixed with "certain other cleaning agents.”

It’s a common cleaning mistake people make, often when trying to tackle mould. 

Symptoms of chlorine exposure

  • Blurred vision
  • Burning pain, redness, and blisters on the skin if exposed to gas. 
  • Burning sensation in the nose, throat, and eyes
  • Coughing
  • Chest tightness
  • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. 
  • Fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema) 
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Watery eyes
  • Wheezing

Choice outlined how to get rid of mouldy spores using bleach and vinegar safely. 

They said the best way to do it is with a diluted solution of 80 per cent vinegar and 20 per cent water. 

They advised a microfibre cloth is best for the job, and you’ll also need three buckets each with an equal mixture of diluted vinegar.

They said: “Grab a microfibre cloth, dip it into the first bucket, then use it for cleaning a patch of mould.

“The same microfibre cloth should then be rinsed in the second bucket, then rinsed again in the third to ensure cross-contamination doesn't occur.

“After using vinegar there may still be streaks or discolouration on surfaces which you should be able to remove with bleach.”

And this mum swears by VODKA for getting permanent marker off carpet after her toddler wreaked havoc with some pens.

Plus this DIY fan shares nifty tip to strip stubborn wallpaper in minutes in using an 85p product from Lidl.

Meanwhile a professional cleaner reveals secret hack to remove tough toilet stains – and all you need is a pumice stone.

Source: Read Full Article