Mum issues stark warning about the dangers of a party bag gift after her son cuts himself | The Sun

A MUM has issued a stark warning about the dangers of snap bands, after her son ended up cutting himself on one.

Dani took to TikTok to share a video in which she urged other parents to be aware of the dangers of the bracelets.

"My kids goes to parties and get party bags, and in one my son got was a snap bracelet," she said.

"We all know what a snap bracelet is. This snap bracelet my son had… he came downstairs and said, 'Oh, I've cut my finger'.

When Dani asked her son how he'd cut himself, he replied that he'd done it on the snap bracelet, at which point she took a closer look at the band.

"Turns out that taking the snappy bit out of the snap bracelet, this is what it was," she said, holding up a piece of metal tape measure.

Read more Parenting stories

I’m a mum & check my son’s phone when he’s asleep, trolls say the same thing

I’m a mum-of-two & people mispronounce my daughters’ names – it’s so annoying

"We all know that we don't let kids play with tape measures because they're metal, they're thin and they're very sharp.

"It cut him enough for him to bleed and it could have been worse, potentially.

"Just be mindful of this, guys, because it's a bit dangerous."

Dani added in her video caption: "Be careful darlings I was so shocked to discover this!!!!!!"

Most read in Fabulous

HIDDEN HEALTH BATTLE

Queen secretly fought painful cancer in her final year, book claims

MONARCH’S LAST MOMENTS

Bombshell new book about the Queen reveals truth of her final days

GET TROLLEYED

People are just realising how to unlock supermarket trolley without £1 coin

WHO'S THAT GIRL?

I'm such a good catfish people think I've roped a daughter into my videos

The comments section was quickly filled with remarks from concerned parents, many of whom admitted they don't let their kids have snap bracelets because of the dangers.

"Unfortunately I think most snap bracelets have a tape measure inside," one wrote.

"I refuse to give my daughter one now. They’re so dangerous."

"They are very known to be made out of them. I steer clear of them," another added.

Read More on The Sun

People are just realising how to unlock supermarket trolley without £1 coin

Mike Tindall reveals secrets of staying over at the Palace on I’m A Celeb

"I cut my finger on one of these that go in your hair about 11 years ago," a third commented.

"It wouldn't stop bleeding for about 3 hours, I almost had to have stitches."



Source: Read Full Article