MISSING your takeaway pizza during lockdown?
Papa John's has revealed the exact recipe to recreate its garlic knots – and it's very simple.
To make them at home, all you need is flour, dried yeast, garlic butter, salt, olive oil and some warm water, the pizza chain told Femail.
It will be the perfect side dish to your bank holiday dinner – and costs next to nothing.
Here's the exact recipe to make six garlic knots – simply multiply it for more.
How to make the garlic knots at home
- 650g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7g dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml olive oil
- 375ml warm water
- 6 -12 Papa John's Special Garlic pots (or garlic butter alternative)
1. To make the dough, mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil and slowly add the water, mixing well to form a soft dough.
2. Flour your surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth, or mix in a mixer for 2-3 mins.
3. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
4. When the dough has risen, knock it back squashing the air out, then knead again until smooth, roll into a ball put back in the bowl and cover for 30 minutes to 1 hour until risen again.
5. Divide the dough into six balls – these can be made into pizzas of frozen for future garlic knots.
6. Roll out one dough ball on a lightly floured work surface until 20cm in diameter.
7. Cut pizza base into 6x long strips, approx. 3cm wide
8. Brush the strips with Papa John's Special Sauce or garlic butter – 1x pot should do 1 pizza base.
9. Tie the strips in a knot and place on a baking tray.
10. Bake at 200c for 10–15 mins.
11. When they come out of the oven, brush with extra Special Garlic sauce.
We recently revealed why a frying pan is the secret to the perfect homemade pizza.
Meanwhile, a McDonald’s fan created the ultimate McMuffin recipe at home.
And this woman revealed how to make KFC chicken in a few short steps – and says she ‘cracked the secret recipe’.
Source: Read Full Article