PRINCE Charles has still not met Meghan and Harry's baby Lilibet – six months after she was born.
The future king's relationship with his youngest son is said to be at "an all-time low" with sources telling The Sun the pair have "barely spoken" in the last eight months.
Charles last spoke to his son face-to-face at the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral eight months ago.
And it is understood there have been only a few “fraught” phone calls since Harry and Meghan, 40, quit royal their royal duties and moved to the US.
Charles did not meet Harry in July when he was in London for the unveiling of Princess Diana's statue and he has not been to the US to visit granddaughter Lilibet.
At the time of her birth in June, it was reported Harry and Meghan "introduced the Queen to baby Lilibet on video call after they returned from hospital".
But it was not said whether any other family members were on the call.
When Harry came to London the following month, Lilibet, who was born in Los Angeles, is understood to have stayed with her mum and big brother Archie at home in the US.
Most read in Fabulous
ALL TIME LOW
Charles 'deeply shocked & hurt' by Harry & pair have barely spoken in 8 months
ALL TIME LOW
Woman slams ‘cheeky’ parents for demanding time off over Xmas & school holidays
Inside Paris Fury’s lavish bday celebrations – with posh meal & towering cake
Mum reveals her 'evil' hack for keeping her toddler in bed
It was thought Charles may have retrieved holy water for a potential baptism for his granddaughter when he visited the River Jordan last month.
But this was not confirmed.
It comes after Prince Harry told a podcast in the US that he moved Stateside to “break the cycle” of “pain” he suffered when he was growing up.
He said of his dad: “He treated me the way he was treated”, a comment also seen as an attack on the Queen and Prince Philip.
One source said Harry's personal attacks against his dad since Megxit have forced them apart and left Charles “deeply shocked and hurt”.
🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
Matters worsened on Sunday when Harry claimed he had raised “concerns” about Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, the Saudi tycoon at the centre of a probe into donations to his father’s charity.
It was reported at the weekend that Harry took a £50,000 donation for his Sentebale charity from Mahfouz in 2013.
Billionaire Mahfouz later donated £1.5million to Charles’s Prince’s Foundation and received an honorary CBE months later.
The Charity Commission has launched an investigation.
On Sunday, Harry stated that he had cut ties with Mahfouz because of “concerns over his motives”. In an incendiary statement, he said he had no involvement in what he called the “CBE scandal”.
A friend of the Prince of Wales said: “Charles is deeply shocked and disappointed by Harry’s latest statement which effectively threw his father under the bus.
“There are fears that this episode with Mahfouz could even be a chapter in Harry’s autobiography.
“This attack was more damaging than the swipe at Charles’s parenting skills because this was a challenge to the way he conducts his business which is far more damaging to the future King.
“There is no way for Charles to fight back and defend himself publicly so he keeps a dignified silence.
“These constant barbs about his father from America could be very damaging to his reign. Attempts have been made to clear the air but they have barely spoken since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral.”
The friend added: “Charles very much loves his son and he will not be having a pop at Harry in return. It’s that simple. He is not going to join in because loving his son is the thing that matters the most.”
Source: Read Full Article