My son has fallen through our loose floorboards TWICE and is scared of DROWNING after a leak made it rain in the kitchen

A MUM has been left fuming after her son reportedly fell through loose floorboards twice and is now scared of drowning in their leaky home.

Donna Milne, 30, lives in a basement flat with her two sons Kaleb, eight, and Kolbi, two, in Aberdeen, Scotland, and says she has had nothing but issues since.

According to Donna, the family's kitchen has flooded four times and Kolbi has fallen through the floorboards twice over the past two months.

The youngster was fortunately unharmed on both occasions, and the floorboards have now finally been fixed at the rental property.

But the desperate mum believes the entire family have had their mental health affected by the living conditions in the property since they moved there in February.

Donna claims that Kaleb, who cannot swim, has been left terrified of drowning thanks to the constant flooding and has started wetting the bed since moving in.

Read More in Property

Home infested with termites & dead animals on market for eye-watering price

I’m a ex-burglar who broke into 20,000 homes – here’s how to secure YOUR house

The single mum, who is unemployed, said: "I can see that none of us are happy right now.

"Nothing was done after the first time Kolbi fell through the floor – it took him falling in twice before the housing association sent someone to fix it."

Most recently, the family-of-three had their Easter break spoilt by a 15 minute downpour of water falling into the kitchen on April 17.

Donna claims that Grampian Housing Association are reluctant to help despite all her problems.

Most read in Property


I'm a ex-burglar who broke into 20,000 homes – here's how to secure YOUR house


We bought a new build & these were all the problems we had – including MITES


2-bed house on sale for just £60,000 – but wait until you see inside


Our family-of-nine is cramped in a three-bedroom home – it's just wrong

Allegedly her upstairs neighbour is also suffering from repeat flooding which has not been resolved.

She said: "The flooding was immense but I couldn't get into the kitchen and start mopping before it stopped because the water was causing my lights to crackle and I was worried about an electrical fire.

"My repair company, Heat Care, have been around to check out the roof but haven't actually done anything to fix the problem.

"On [April 17], an electrician came round but all he did was look at the roof and blame it on my upstairs neighbour's washing machine.

"However, my neighbours have been experiencing flooding in their bathroom too, and think the situation is because of faulty pipes throughout the building "They've supposedly changed their washing machine three times and are sure it isn't the problem.

"My landlord hasn't helped either – he said the building is seventy years old so I should 'expect it to need some repairs'.

"Personally, I think the property is dangerous but the association keeps telling me it's safe.

"I thought children falling through the floorboards and crackling lights from flooding would speak for itself but apparently not."

A spokesperson for Grampian Housing Association said: "While the cause of the flooding into the ground floor flat has yet to be confirmed as either pipework or from the occupier's washing machine in the upstairs property we can confirm that it is not being caused by any faults in the roof.

"A temporary repair to fix the crackling lights has been made following the report of flooding.

"A full repair to the tenant's satisfaction will be carried out once we have established the cause of the water ingress.

"The repairs to floorboards were in the hallway of the flat when these were reported as loose and are separate to the flooding issue. All repairs have been responded to promptly.

Read More on The Sun

Nuclear WW3 is a ‘REAL DANGER’ and UK ‘legitimate’ target, warns Putin chief

Mrs Hinch fans share 5p hack to repel spiders – it keeps them out the house

"As a responsible landlord, Grampian Housing Association treats the safety of its tenants very seriously and we are making every effort to identify the route of the problem quickly.

"While this may take a few days we are working with the tenant to ensure her concerns are addressed."

    Source: Read Full Article