THIS weekend’s heavyweight clash in the Premier League sees Newcastle host Liverpool in what promises to be an entertaining tussle.
Newcastle vs Liverpool odds
Here are the latest match odds for Newcastle vs Liverpool from our top-rated football bookies:
Quick Betting tips for Newcastle vs Liverpool
- Liverpool to win – 8/11 at Spreadex
- Luis Diaz anytime scorer – 16/5 at William Hill
- Anthony Gordon to be carded – 3/1 at Sky Bet
Newcastle vs Liverpool betting preview
It’s always hard to be particularly confident about a selection in the early weeks of a season when form lines are still developing.
However, I’m not convinced that there should be such a wide gap between the sides in the market – Newcastle are around 6/5 for the win and Liverpool 2/1.
The Reds bring a very strong record into this fixture.
They were one of only two teams to win at St James’ Park last season, a 2-0 victory making it four wins in a row against the Magpies. Look further back and you see that Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 13 against Newcastle, a run which stretches back to 2015.
Newcastle did look impressive in their only home game so far as they crushed Aston Villa 5-1 but when the quality dial was turned up last week, they went down 1-0 at Manchester City.
Liverpool have drawn at Chelsea and beaten Bournemouth, albeit after a sloppy start at Anfield.
They’ll need to be ‘on it’ from the off here but if they do focus and stamp out such defensive lapses, their fluent attack should cause problems at the other end.
Luis Diaz is getting back to the form which wowed fans upon his arrival almost two years ago, while Dominik Szoboszlai has made a good initial impression in behind.
This looks likely to be an entertaining, closely-fought contest back, given the prices, Liverpool look the bet.
📝 Newcastle vs Liverpool key stats
- Newcastle only lost two home games last season but one of those came at the hands of Liverpool – 2-0 in February.
- After a win and a draw so far this season, Liverpool are now unbeaten in their last 13 Premier League matches.
- Jurgen Klopp’s first game in charge of Liverpool against Newcastle ended in defeat but the Reds boss is unbeaten in 13 since that December 2015 meeting (9 wins).
- Along with champions Manchester City, Newcastle had the joint-best defence in the Premier League last season, conceding only 33 goals in their 38 games.
- Liverpool new boy Alexis Mac Allister has been cleared to play in this game after last weekend’s red card was rescinded, while Curtis Jones could be fit again. Joelinton is a doubt for the host after coming off against Man City last Saturday.
Newcastle vs Liverpool best bets
Liverpool to win (Spreadex)
Yes, Newcastle had the league’s best defence last season but Liverpool’s attack looks vibrant again and will surely test the home backline.
The Magpies were beaten by Manchester City last week and while it was only 1-0, has a defeat to a team they are looking to challenge affected them mentally at this early stage?
This is another tough clash versus a real rival against whom they’ve lost four on the spin and haven’t won in 13.
The hosts look too short and the visitors are worth chancing at the price.
⚽ Back Liverpool to win at21/10 at Spreadex ⚽
Luis Diaz anytime scorer (William Hill)
When Liverpool went mightily close to winning the Quadruple at the end of the 2021/22 campaign, Diaz was in fine form and his loss through injury last autumn was a major reason why the Reds dropped off last season.
He’s now fully fit again and the early signs this term have been very good with Diaz scoring in both games so far and truly influencing games again.
The Colombian looks a decent price to score given what he’s produced so far.
🥅 Back Diaz to score at any time at 16/5 at William Hill 🥅
Anthony Gordon to be carded (Sky Bet)
Gordon picked up eight cards last season and he’s already got two in two games this.
The former Everton man is a narky sort and it’s not hard to see him starting this one fired up given it’s against Liverpool, whose fans will likely be on his back from the first whistle.
With John Brooks in charge – he was second best ref for cards in the Premier League in 2022/23 – Gordon looks worth a try in this market.
💥 Back Gordon to be carded at 3/1 with Sky Bet 💥
📺 How to watch Newcastle vs Liverpool
- Location: St James’ Park, Newcastle
- Time: Kick-off is at 16:30 BST on Sunday (August 27)
- Where to watch: Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
All the best free bets & sign up offers for punters right here
Best betting apps with great sign up offers to use on sport this month
Check out the best new online casinos including welcome offers and bonuses
All the best casino bonus offers including free spins and no deposit deals
Source: Read Full Article