5.45pm Chelsea news LIVE: Alex Telles £40m transfer LATEST, James reveals Lampard snub, Kovacic and Willian injuries – The Sun

CHELSEA were paired with Leicester City in the FA Cup quarter-final draw, after knocking out Premier League leaders Liverpool.

But victory came at a price with Willian and Mateo Kovacic now both out with Achilles injuries.

Follow all the latest updates from the Bridge below…

  • RAM-MED DOWN HIS THROAT

    Reece James has revealed he previously snubbed the chance to play under Frank Lampard.

    The Blues right-back said: “He wanted to sign me for Derby last January, but it didn't go through. I was happy playing at Wigan.

    “It was good to know he rated me, although that was at Championship level, and when you get a big job at a Premier League team, sometimes minds can change.

    “But we spoke when he arrived and he said he wanted to give me a chance.

    “I was injured, and he told me to come back in the best shape possible. I'm thankful that I've got to work with him.”

  • MARC-ED MAN

    Inter Milan are set to try and prise Marcos Alonso away from Chelsea this summer, according to reports.

    The San Siro side have been interested in the 29-year-old all season, with boss Antonio Conte, the man that brought Alonso to Stamford Bridge from Serie A side Fiorentina in 2016 – still a massive fan of his.

    The West Londoners are thought to be demanding around £26million for the left wing-back, who is contracted at the club until 2023.

    Inter are set to have a vacancy to fill in the position, with Calcio Mercato reporting that the San Siro club could lose Cristiano Biraghi and Blues loanee Victor Moses at the end of the season.

    Alonso found himself woefully out-of-favour at Chelsea earlier this season, making just one appearance in the 16 Premier League matches following October 26 – often not even making the bench.

  • TURNING OVER A NEW LEAF

    Chelsea players tried to stifle giggles while reading children's books for World Book Day.

  • TELLE-VISION

    Chelsea remain interested in Porto's Brazilian left-back Alex Telles, according to reports in Italy.

    Talks are on-going between the Portuguese club and the Blues over the defender.

  • MORE ON CORONAVIRUS

    The Italian government have ordered all sporting events to take place without fans until April 3 due to coronavirus outbreak – including England's Six Nations game in Rome on March 14.

    Italy has been the European country worst affected by the disease, with 79 people so far having been killed there by Covid-19.

    A number of Serie A matches have already had to be postponed over the last fortnight.

    Five Serie A games were played behind closed doors last weekend, while the Swiss Super League postponed their matches.

    And in Formula 1, chief Ross Brawn says Grands Prix will be scrapped if any team is denied entry to a country.

    The spread of the deadly coronavirus is playing havoc with plans for the season-opener in Melbourne on March 15.

    Ireland's rugby Six Nations clash against Italy, scheduled for this Saturday, has been postponed.

    It is unlikely to be rescheduled before October.

    But Olympic bosses have insisted Tokyo 2020 will go ahead on schedule — after Japanese officials hinted it could be postponed due to the coronavirus.

Source: Read Full Article