8pm Man Utd news LIVE: City taunted over Champions League ban, Mbappe transfer LATEST, Dier link, Ighalo debut UPDATE – The Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED are preparing for a tough trip to Chelsea.

But Odion Ighalo has reportedly been ordered to train away from the rest of the Red Devils squad after arriving from China.

Meanwhile, United are said to be readying a massive bid for PSG's World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe in the summer.

Follow all of the latest Man Utd news, gossip and updates below…

  • CITY BAN BREATHES NEW LIFE INTO SOL

    Old Trafford fans have been quick to taunt neighbours City over their two-year ban from European football – and hail the chance of Manchester United now nicking a Champions League spot by finishing fifth.

  • POCH TO PUSH FOR RETURN

    Ex-Spurs chief Mauricio Pochettino, for so long and so often linked with bossing Manchester United, admits he would “love” to boss again in England.

    PSG manager Thomas Tuchel and Argentinian Poch are the latest favourites to succeed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, should the Norwegian depart Old Trafford.

    And Pochettino told Sky Sports: “To be honest, I would love to work in the Premier League.

    “It's going to be difficult, I know, and for now it's a moment to wait and we'll see what happens.

    “It's a moment of recovery, to think about yourself a little bit, and to be ready because in football always something can happen and you need to be ready.

    “I'm ready and waiting for a new challenge. I have the belief and confidence that the next challenge will be fantastic.”

  • IGHALO NOT AN OD SIGNING

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has defended his left-field signing of ex-Watford frontman Odion Ighalo.

    Manchester United boss Solskjaer said of the Shanghai Shenhua star: “The injury to Marcus Rashford, it has to be said, we needed another forward and when we got the chance to get Odion on a loan that was for us a goalscorer, top scorer African Cup of Nations last year.

    “Yeah, he can help the club. He is a very professional player, good lad and will give something to the group.”

    And Solskjaer hopes the 30-year-old can have the same instant impact he himself had when arriving from Molde in 1996.

    The Norwegian said: “Well, it didn’t take me too long… I didn’t have a training session to come on.

    “As a striker you get thrown on out there and it might be he’ll have to come off the bench and get us a goal and he does whatever he’s done.”

  • TIME TO IG-NITE

    Odion Ighalo could make his Manchester United debut on Monday night against Chelsea after completing his two-week quarantine away from the rest of the first-team squad amid coronavirus fears.

    The 30-year-old, who has been cleared, hasn't yet been able to train with his new team-mates, but boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes it is not too early for him to make an impact.

    When asked if the Nigerian would be thrust straight into his team, Solskjaer was coy.

    He said: “I never said he was gonna be ready to play on Monday, he’ll be involved with us and he will travel down with us.

    “Now he’s out of that two week period, precaution and just a precaution we made and let’s see if he’s involved or not.

    “We’ve kept in touch with him and of course we’ve done our own programme, he’s done his.

    “And it was always gonna be a case of him having to integrate having been out in China and needs to get used to the players, and the team, up to speed as quick as he can, he’s been working really hard.

    “I think he is probably pinching himself at times at his favourite club at the age of 30 but he’s earned thatone and hopefully he impresses us so we can see him play.”

  • KER-CHONG! INTER EYE CHONG DEAL

    Inter Milan are reportedly confident of landing Tahith Chong after offering him a five-year deal worth £1.2million per season.

    The Italian giants are desperate to sign the 20-year-old on a free transfer when his Manchester United contract expires this summer.

    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter are patiently waiting for the winger to respond to their offer.

    It is understood that Chong's deal will gradually increase from £1.2m a year to £2.1m after five seasons.

    Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has insisted Inter are confident of getting the United starlet to sign on the dotted line.

    The youngster's agent fuelled speculation that the deal was close to completion when he was spotted meeting Inter officials last month.

    Juventus have also indicated their interested in the Netherlands U21 star ahead of a possible free transfer this summer.

    Chong has showed no interest in renewing his deal with Manchester United – who he joined from Feyenoord in 2016.

Source: Read Full Article