Amir Khan and Kell Brook look set to finally agree bout next year with Manchester lined up to host boxing showdown

AMIR KHAN and Kell Brook will finally go toe-to-toe in February with Manchester expected to be the venue.

It is set to be officially announced in a press conference in London on Monday.


Ben Shalom, CEO of promoters Boxxer, broke the news as he spoke to talkSPORT.

Shalom said: "It’s no secret, for the past two months we’ve been trying to make Amir Khan against Kell Brook.

“I think it’s a fight that every boxing fan has wanted to see for years and years and there’s been a lot of competition – every promoter has wanted it, no matter what’s being said and what isn’t being said.

“I think we are very, very close now and hopefully we’ll announce that on Monday and it will take place in February in Manchester.”

It will be an all-British affair on February 19th as the two have ducked and dodged a fight with each other for the best part of a DECADE.

FREE BETS: GET THE LATEST BETTING SIGN UP OFFERS AND FREE BETS

The prospect of the two ex-champions agreeing the deal is a mouth-watering prospect.

However Khan, 34, and Brook, 35, have faced criticism that it has come too late as both fighters enter the twilight of their careers.

Neither Khan nor Brook, have fought in 2021.

Bolton-born Khan hasn’t tasted action for more than two years since beating Billy Dibb in July 2019.

Brook meanwhile lost via TKO to American Terence Crawford the last time he entered the ring in November of 2020.

Furthermore, Shalom said: "Kell Brook fought for a world title last year and looked good up until being stopped by perhaps the pound-for-pound king.

“These guys are ages 34, 35 – you almost get that direct comparison to the Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight.

"I think they’re both at a similar age, similar point in their career, and if the fight does happen, which it looks very, very close to be happening now, it’s something that I just can’t believe we’re involved in."

    Source: Read Full Article