CHELSEA have allegedly tabled a £50million offer to Brighton for Marc Cucurella.
And the left-back is reportedly pushing to join the Blues.
Manchester City have been heavily linked with the Spaniard for several weeks.
However, they have given up on their chase after Brighton stuck to their guns and demanded £50million.
We have since reported how Chelsea have enquired about signing the 24-year-old last week.
And there were also claims that they were willing to make youngster Levi Colwill part of the deal.
READ MORE CHELSEA
Slonina CONFIRMED, Chukwuemeka SIGNS, Marc Cucurella £50m deal close
The Manchester United players to consider when building your Dream Team XI
Now transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has offered an update on the situation as he stated that the Stamford Bridge club have made their move to get Cucurella.
He tweeted: “Chelsea have submitted bid worth more than £50m for Marc Cucurella on Tuesday evening.
“Club now hopeful to reach full agreement with Brighton, still no official answer – Cucurella's pushing to join Chelsea, he wants the move.”
He also added: “Levi Colwill, discussed in separate deal.”
Most read in Football
GOT THE HUMP
Jake Humphrey REPLACED as BT Sport make huge change to Premier League coverage
GOT THE HUMP
England's Lionesses' shocking low wages compared to male players
Fulham 'submit transfer bid for out-of-favour Man Utd defender Eric Bailly'
Meet the new Prem Wags of 2022-23, including an ex-New England Patriots cheerleader
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Cucurella won player of the year at The Amex during his first season in the Premier League last term.
Brighton seem determined to keep hold of the flying full-back unless their demands are met.
Graham Potter has already seen Yves Bisoumma sold to Tottenham for £25million this summer and does not want to lose another key man.
Cucurella has taken matters into his own hands to try and force a move through but Brighton have no need to sell.
Speaking last month, Brighton chief Tony Bloom said every player had their price but that there was no desire to see any more top players leave.
Bloom said: "There are fewer than three or four clubs where players are not for sale.
"We've got to be realistic and for sure if a certain bid comes in for a player and the player wants to move, the player will move, but we are not anticipating and not looking for our best players to move on.
"If we get a bid then we have to consider it, but until that point we carry on, and we are very happy with the squad of players we have got.
"He [Cucurella] was unbelievably good last season, his first season in the Premier League. We are hoping for more to come.”
Source: Read Full Article