Social media reacts at video of Infantino at Salt Bae's restaurant

‘I feel like letting a b****** hold the World Cup if he gives me a free steak’: Social media reacts after video resurfaces of Gianni Infantino at Salt Bae’s restaurant – with FIFA taking ‘internal action’ as president unfollows chef on Instagram

  • Video has resurfaced of Gianni Infantino’s trip to Salt Bae’s restaurant last year 
  • The celebrity chef was allowed onto the pitch after Sunday’s World Cup final
  • FIFA are taking ‘internal action’ into why Salt Bae was allowed onto the pitch 
  • Infantino has now unfollowed Salt Bae on social media platform Instagram 

Social media has reacted to a video which has re-surfaced of FIFA president Gianni Infantino visiting Salt Bae’s restaurant in Dubai last year.

Questions have been raised as to why the celebrity chef was allowed onto the pitch as Argentina players celebrated their World Cup triumph on Sunday.

Salt Bae, real name Nusret Gokce, broke FIFA rules by touching and holding the World Cup after Argentina beat France on penalties.

Footage of GIanni Infantino’s visit to Salt Bae’s restaurant in Dubai last year has re-surfaced 

Salt Bae was able to access the pitch after the final and held the World Cup trophy

Salt Bae, real name Nusret Gokce, broke FIFA’s rules on the trophy with his antics after the final 

FIFA have vowed to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident and suggested Salt Bae ‘gained undue access to the pitch’.

‘Following a review, FIFA has been establishing how individuals gained undue access to the pitch after the closing ceremony at Lusail stadium on 18 December. The appropriate internal action will be taken,’ a spokesperson told Sportsmail.

Video has circulated of Infantino’s visit to Salt Bae’s restaurant in Dubai in January 2021. 

The video shows the chef doing his normal routine as he prepares the FIFA president’s food, before Infantino then sprinkles the salt over his meal.

Infantino is then shown saying: ‘Mr Nusret. Number one. The best of the best. Unforgettable evening in Dubai and I will come back. Legend – number one.’

Despite the very kind compliments in January 2021, it has been reported by Sky reporter Kaveh Solhekol that the FIFA president has unfollowed Salt Bae on Instagram.

Meanwhile social media users have ripped into Infantino and Salt Bae in reaction to the video.

Comedian Simon Brodkin, who famously threw money at former FIFA president Sepp Blatter, reacted: ‘Today I feel like letting a bellend hold the World Cup if he gives me a free steak.’

Jessica Oakes tweeted: ‘Makes me cringe,’ while Lee Johnson commented ‘weird and weird together here.’

Twitter user Pritchy wrote: ‘We can guarantee Infantino hasn’t paid a penny for that meal.’

Football fan Ben White said: ‘Neither of these people should be able to touch the World Cup.’

Connor Casey added: ‘AaaaaAAAARGH this has gone on long enough I’m sick to death of seeing this man.’

Eyebrows have been raised at the close relationship between the Turkish chef and FIFA president Infantino. Salt Bae was given a VVIP pass for the final by Infantino, despite him having no links or ties to football, the teams involved or the tournament itself.

Gokce was able to access the pitch at the Lusail Stadium and was pictured holding the trophy and posing for pictures with the iconic golden prize.

Football’s governing body have a set of rules surrounding the World Cup trophy, with a very specific list of those allowed to touch it.

‘Its current design dates back to 1974,’ FIFA’s website reads. ‘As one of the most recognised sports symbols in the world and a priceless icon, the original Fifa World Cup Trophy can only be touched and held by a very select group of people, which includes former winners of the Fifa World Cup and heads of state.’

Salt Bae, who does not meet any of the criteria outlined by FIFA, has openly promoted pictures of himself with the trophy on Instagram despite the blatant rule breach. 

He was also seen desperately trying to join in Argentina’s celebrations after their dramatic win over France, with a series of cringeworthy videos showing his awkward attempts to hold the trophy and pose for pictures alongside the likes of Angel di Maria and Lisandro Martinez.

After clinching the trophy, Messi and his Argentina team-mates were joined by Salt Bae

The famous steak chef could be seen desperately attempting to join in their celebrations

FIFA are facing questions as to how Salt Bae gained access to the pitch at the Lusail Stadium

The 39-year-old also did not meet the criteria required to enter the pitch and hold the trophy

In another clip which surfaced online, Gokce also appeared to be blanked by Messi in an uncomfortable exchange as he tried to get the PSG superstar’s attention before his long-awaited trophy lift at the Lusail Stadium.

The culinary celebrity responded to criticism by sharing footage that shows him meeting Messi and posing with the Argentina captain back in 2018.

After enjoying a meal with then-Man United midfielder Paul Pogba at one of Salt Bae’s restaurants in Dubai, Messi can be seen shaking hands with the restaurateur and even enjoying a hug before posing for a picture.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article