Transfer news LIVE: Bellingham to SNUB Real Madrid and Liverpool EXCLUSIVE, Newcastle target Depay, Ronaldo latest | The Sun

MANCHESTER CITY believe that Jude Bellingham is set to snub both Real Madrid and Liverpool to work with Pep Guardiola SunSport can exclusively reveal.

Real Madrid were reportedly in the lead to sign the England wonderkid.

But Etihad sources feel that the prospect of Bellingham playing under Pep will swing the Dortmund star's decision in their favour.

Meanwhile, Newcastle United are reportedly ahead of Tottenham Hotspur in the race for Barcelona ace Memphis Depay.

Elsewhere, Cristiano Ronaldo is on the verge of a move to Saudi's Al-Nassr but they could face competition from other clubs.

Free bets – Best betting offers in December 2022

Stay tuned with all the latest transfer news

  • Tony Robertson

    Kess the badge

    Barcelona have no plans to sell Franck Kessie or Hector Bellerin in January.

    President Joan Laporta hit back at the idea the pair, who have struggled for game time, would be allowed to leave.

    He said: "We are now convinced that Kessié & Bellerin have more prominence in this second part of the season."

    It will come as a blow to the likes of Man Utd, who were previously linked to Kessie and could reignite interest.

    Ex-Arsenal star Bellerin joined the club on a free transfer after the Gunners sanctioned his departure last summer.

    The pair have played 806 minutes of football between them this season.

  • Tony Robertson

    Fe-lixing the Guns

    Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the pursuit of Joao Felix, according to reports.

    Felix is out of favour at Atletico Madrid and has been granted permission to leave in January.

    This has opened the door to possible moves for Felix to the Premier League, with United and Arsenal interested.

    However, with both clubs set to prioritise the majority of their funds elsewhere, a loan move for Felix appears to be more viable.

    And according to the Daily Record, Atletico will allow a loan move so long as the Portuguese ace’s wages are covered as part of the deal – which will cost a cool £8m.

  • Tony Robertson

    Barc-ing mad

    Manchester United have grown in confidence in their efforts to sign Frenkie de Jong from Barcelona.

    However, the Red Devils believe the Spanish side are purposefully trying to up the price of the Dutchman by saying he is not for sale.

    According to Sport, Barca President Joan Laporta has declared De Jong non-transferable.

    But with De Jong refusing to reduce his earnings at the club and him also not pushing for a move away from the Camp Nou, it will depend on Barca’s resistance to United’s efforts.

  • Tony Robertson

    Good morning football fans

    Manchester United have overtaken Liverpool in the race for Argentina’s World Cup hero Enzo Fernandez, according to journalist Bruno Andrade.

    The 21-year-old picked up the Young Player of the Tournament award for his superb performances in Qatar.

    And his displays on the biggest stage have attracted interest from Jurgen Klopp's men.

    But it is now being reported that Erik ten Hag's side are leading the way to sign the Benfica man.

    On Friday night, Andrade tweeted: “There are already ongoing conversations between all involved.

    “Red Devils are even willing to beat the €120M clause and avoid any competition.”

    Meanwhile, Eddie Howe is hoping to pull off another major Newcastle signing in January amid links with France star Marcus Thuram.

    He said: “We would love another transfer like (Bruno Guimaraes) because I thought it was transformational for the team and for the group.

    “They are difficult players to find but that’s our job to try and find them and we will endeavour to do that.

    “I am not pretending to watch players, I am watching them, with a view to signing them.”

  • Dylan Terry

    Man City leading race for Bellingham?

    Pep Guardiola and the Manchester City hierarchy are determined to win the fight for Jude Bellingham, writes SunSport's Ken Lawrence.

    Real Madrid believe they are leading the race for the £100million-plus rated England midfielder, as SunSport revealed on Wednesday.

    But Etihad sources reckon the prospect of working with Pep Guardiola will swing the Dortmund star’s decision in their favour.

    Bellingham, 19, is wanted by the biggest clubs on the planet — including Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.

  • Dylan Terry

    Man Utd lead race for Fernandez

    Manchester United have overtaken Liverpool in the race for Argentina's World Cup hero Enzo Fernandez, according to journalist Bruno Andrade.

    Speaking about the Benfica midfielder, he tweeted: "There are already ongoing conversations between all involved.

    "Red Devils are even willing to beat the €120M clause and avoid any competition."

    Enzo Fernandez was a crucial player in Argentina's World Cup win
  • Dylan Terry

    Pogba's brother released from prison

    Paul Pogba's brother Mathias has been released from prison after being arrested and charged over an alleged extortion plot against his the former Manchester United star.

    The 32-year-old footballer had been in pre-trial custody since his arrest in September.

    French newspaper Le Parisien revealed Mathias had been freed, before his lawyer confirmed to French TV channel BFMTV that his client had indeed been released.

    It's claimed the terms of his release mean he is banned from contacting Paul and his mother.

    He is also not allowed to leave France or use any form of social media.

    Mathias Pogba (right) has been released from prison
  • Dylan Terry

    Newcastle ahead of Spurs in Depay race

    Newcastle and Tottenham both want to sign Memphis Depay.

    But Eddie Howe's men are leading the way for the Dutchman after tabling a bid with Barcelona.

    Sport claim Newcastle are in pole position to sign Depay as they search for attacking reinforcements.

    The ex-Man Utd man is out of contract next summer and Newcastle could snap him up for a bargain fee.

  • Dylan Terry

    Premier League fixtures

    Here are the first set of Premier League fixtures following the World Cup.

    December 26

    • Brentford vs Tottenham – 12.30pm
    • Southampton vs Brighton – 3pm
    • Leicester vs Newcastle – 3pm
    • Crystal Palace vs Fulham – 3pm
    • Everton vs Wolves – 3pm
    • Aston Villa vs Liverpool – 5.30pm
    • Arsenal vs West Ham – 8pm

    December 27

    • Chelsea vs Bournemouth – 5.30pm
    • Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest – 8pm
    • Leeds vs Manchester City – 8pm
    • Dylan Terry

      Ziyech may remain on Chelsea bench

      Hakim Ziyech must still prove himself at Chelsea despite his World Cup wonders.

      Following the Moroccan's run to the semi-finals in Qatar, Blues boss Graham Potter said: "He played against Man City, came on against Newcastle. Where he was at when we first came was a little bit away from the first XI.

      "He's been involved in the games and came on in the first game as a sub. We know his qualities, we like him as a player, he plays between the lines with fantastic quality as we saw in the World Cup.

      "At Chelsea there are always good players who aren't in the starting XI and have to be patient.

      "I am delighted for him, we kept in touch with him over the World Cup. I am delighted for him that he got gametime, delighted for him that he helped his team, he's a good guy and he's got quality."

    • Dylan Terry

      Ten Hag reveals Martinez rejected Arsenal

      Erik ten Hag has lifted the lid on how he persuaded Lisandro Martinez to reject Arsenal and join him at Manchester United.

      The former Ajax boss told Voetbal: “Martinez himself wanted to leave Ajax anyway. If we hadn’t taken him, he would have gone to Arsenal.

      “They wanted him anyway, he was top priority there. Licha (Martinez) called me at one point: ‘Coach, listen, I’m leaving Ajax anyway. I can sign with Arsenal, but if you want me, I’m going to Manchester United.’

      “Then I thought: ‘I shouldn’t shoot myself and United in the foot either’. He really wasn’t staying in Amsterdam, that was out of the question. Then we struck and it all worked out.”

    • Dylan Terry

      Infantino unfollows Salt Bae

      Fifa boss Gianni Infantino has unfollowed his pal Salt Bae in the wake of his shameful antics after the World Cup final.

      His snub came as the world governing body admitted the fame hungry chef should never have been allowed on the pitch to pester Lionel Messi.

      The Turkish cook — real name Nusret Gökçe — has courted a years-long friendship with Fifa president Infantino.

      They have been pictured together several times, and the football chief has been gushing in his praise for the flamboyant Instagram star.

      However the bromance seems to be over today after he unfollowed Salt Bae on Instagram.

      Infantino previously followed 303 accounts but now that is down to 302.

      Gianni Infantino has had a long-standing relationship with Salt BaeCredit: Instagram
    • Dylan Terry

      Richarlison out for up to four weeks

      Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has confirmed Richarlison faces up to four weeks out with a hamstring injury.

      The Brazilian striker picked up a knock at the World Cup.

      Richarlison had to be substituted just before the end of normal time in the quarter-final penalty shootout defeat to Croatia.

      And he returned to Tottenham duty nursing a hamstring problem.

      Initial reports claimed he was facing as much as six weeks out of action. But Conte has confirmed the 25-year-old is set to be sidelined for three to four weeks after having a scan this week.

      He faces a race to be fit for the North London Derby clash against Arsenal on January 15th, which is just over three weeks away.

      Richarlison will be working hard to return in time for the North London derbyCredit: Reuters
    • Dylan Terry

      Soares' loan to Fulham threatens to collapse

      Cedric Soares' Arsenal wages could scupper a loan move to Fulham next month.

      The Cottagers have held talks with the right-back's representatives over a switch to West London next month with boss Marco Silva keen to sign his compatriot.

      But the former Southampton man's weekly wage of around £75,000 is proving a stumbling block.

      Silva is keen to add to his squad next month following a strong start to the season which left the promoted side ninth ahead of the restart on Boxing Day.

      No official approach has been made to the Gunners so far, with Mikel Arteta also yet to decide whether he would sanction Cedric's departure.

      The Arsenal boss has already described his squad as "short" this season.

    • Dylan Terry

      Uruguay players face SIX-MONTH ban

      Uruguay stars, including ex-Manchester United man Edinson Cavani, are reportedly facing a six-month ban from FIFA for their behaviour following their exit from the World Cup.

      The South American team was knocked out of the tournament without even making it past the group stage.

      Uruguay beat Ghana 2-0 in their final match, but it was not enough to qualify for the knockout stages as South Korea beat Portugal to claim the second qualifying spot.

      However, many of the team's players were not gracious in their exit, as Jose Gimenez and Edinson Cavani were the most vocal with their heavy complaints to the officials.

      The former Manchester United striker was even spotted knocking over the VAR monitor in his protest over the outcome.

      The footballers could now be sanctioned for breaking articles 11 and 12, for which the punishment could be "the prohibition of carrying out activities related to football for at least six months", according to AS.

    • Dylan Terry

      Man Utd fans mock Ronaldo with new song

      Man Utd fans showed their feelings towards Cristiano Ronaldo clear during the Carabao Cup tie against Burnley.

      The Red Devils played for the first time without the Portuguese attacker following his controversial exit from the club.

      Ronaldo saw his contract with the club mutually terminated after his explosive interview with Piers Morgan.

      While the current side did the business on the pitch, dispatching the Championship side 2-0, fans were voicing their opinions on the 37-year-old.

      A video was posted on TikTok, with the caption "bye bye Ronaldo", of the club's supporters singing their new song directed at him.

      The fans can be heard singing: “I don’t care about Ronny, Ronny doesn’t care about me. All I care about is MUFC.”

      Credit: Rex
    • Dylan Terry

      Ten Hag refusing to let World Cup be a distraction

      Erik ten Hag will not let the World Cup become an excuse for any of his stars not hitting the ground running when the scrap for a top four slot resumes.

      He said: “We all knew the restart was five or six days after the final, and everyone has to be ready and accept it.

      “The manager and coaching staff of course, but also the players – they have to accept it as well if they want trophies.

      “We spoke about the tough competition but we have to be ready for that and deal with it. We have to do it smart and hopefully get the right performance and results.

      “We have a plan for all the players, and it’s all individual based. No one is the same or has the same programme or minutes. It depends on the positions and their age.”

      Credit: Getty
    • Dylan Terry

      UK and Ireland's Euro 2028 bid in jeopardy

      The UK and Ireland's joint bid for Euro 2028 is in crisis mode due to Casement Park needing "a miracle" to be ready in time.

      The venue, located in Belfast, is threatening to drag the joint UK/Ireland Euro 2028 bid down, with Uefa unconvinced about redevelopment plans for the site.

      And ex-Irish FA president and former Fifa vice president Jim Boyce says it will be a tough task for it to be ready to host games at Euro 2028.

      Boyce told The Irish Sun: "While Northern Ireland are joining in the bid to host Euro 2028 with England, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland, the chances of Casement Park being ready are slim. There is little chance.

      "The government in Northern Ireland are not even meeting at the minute, the money hasn’t been released, there hasn’t been a brick laid at Casement Park.

      "My honest opinion is that it would take a miracle for Casement Park to be available for European Championship matches to be played in 2028."

    • Dylan Terry

      Embarrassing dive leads to fan outcry

      Fans have called for Brighton star Pervis Estupinan to be BANNED after his embarrassingly bad dive against Charlton.

      The Seagulls were dumped out of the Carabao Cup on penalties after being held by the League One strugglers on Wednesday.

      And Charlton’s reward was a mouthwatering trip to Manchester United in the quarter-finals.

      However, before their ecstasy in the shoot-out, Addicks were left outraged when Ecuadorian left-back Estupinan, 24, attempted to cheat in order to con the referee into giving a penalty.

      As he saw Charlton star Rak Sakyi, on-loan from Crystal Palace, slip while trying to clear, the Brighton man darted towards the ball before taking an over-the-top tumble as he tried to force contact with the sprawling youngster.

      The 20-year-old looked completely puzzled as he saw Estupinan rolling around in apparent agony – but fortunately the ref was not convinced.

    • Anthony Chapman

      Howe targets 'transformational' Toon siging

      Eddie Howe is hoping to pull off another major Newcastle signing in January amid links with France star Marcus Thuram.

      He said: "We would love another transfer like (Bruno Guimaraes) because I thought it was transformational for the team and for the group.

      "They are difficult players to find but that's our job to try and find them and we will endeavour to do that.

      “I am not pretending to watch players, I am watching them, with a view to signing them."

    • Anthony Chapman

      Liverpool lining up Kudus swoop

      Liverpool are preparing a move to sign Mohammed Kudus next month.

      The attacking midfielder had a stunning World Cup with Ghana.

      And he is now looking to leave Ajax for a big-money move, claim the Mail.

      Liverpool hope to win the race for Kudus, but are aware of interest from Newcastle and Everton.

    • Anthony Chapman

      Blues prepare Skriniar contract offer

      Chelsea are ready to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with Milan Skriniar next month.

      The centre-back will be a free agent next summer after failing to strike a new deal with Inter Milan.

      And Calciomercato claims Chelsea will now "step in" to sign Skriniar for nothing.

      However, Spurs and PSG could yet attempt to hijack the deal, while Skriniar has not yet ruled out remaining at Inter.

    • Anthony Chapman

      Barcelona want to keep Frenkie

      Barcelona have dealt Man Utd a huge transfer blow.

      That’s by admitting they never wanted to sell Frenkie de Jong.

      And a fresh bid from the Red Devils now looks in doubt.

      Barca president Joan Laporta said: "I’ve never wanted to sell Frenkie de Jong. He has to be a pillar of the team."

    • Anthony Chapman

      Toon lead Spurs for Depay

      Newcastle and Tottenham both want to sign Memphis Depay.

      But Toon lead the way for the Dutchman after tabling a bid with Barcelona.

      Sport claims Eddie Howe is in pole position to sign Depay as he searches for attacking reinforcements.

      The ex-Man Utd man is out of contract next summer and Newcastle could snap him up for a bargain fee

    • Anthony Chapman

      Gunners 'pushing' for Rabiot deal

      Arsenal are reportedly looking to wrap up a deal for France and Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

      La Repubblica claims the playmaker, who almost joined Man Utd in the summer, will not be renewing his Juve deal.

      It means Rabiot can leave on a free at the end of the season.

      United are still keeping tabs, but it's Arsenal who now lead the race, and Mikel Arteta could even land Rabiot next month for a small sum.

    Source: Read Full Article