Tyson Fury set for Deontay Wilder trilogy fight in Vegas on July 24

Tyson Fury set for Deontay Wilder trilogy fight in Las Vegas on July 24 – with Anthony Joshua bout being pushed back to December with fellow Brit in line to face Oleksandr Usyk this summer

  • Tyson Fury spoke exclusively to Sportsmail’s boxing correspondent Jeff Powell 
  • The Gypsy King had agreed to an August 14 showdown with Anthony Joshua 
  • Yet he has now been ordered to fight Deontay Wilder, again, by September 
  • Fury says he is willing to fight anyone having not fought since February 2020 
  • The Allegiant Stadium is provisionally booked for July 24 for Fury vs Wilder 3  

Tyson Fury is ready for a trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder in the new Allegiant Stadium here set for July 24, while his battle for the undisputed heavyweight title against Anthony Joshua which the world has awaited for months is in the throes of being put on hold until December.

Fury has declared himself ‘willing to fight anybody the promoters put in front of me, ‘ including Wilder from whom he plundered the WBC world title and who has now won a legal judgement enforcing his contractual right to a third clash.

That makes their second rematch inevitable, especially with Fury’s US promoter Bob Arum set against paying Wilder massive step aside compensation to enable the August 14 date for Fury v Joshua in Saudi Arabia to go ahead.

Tyson Fury insists he will fight ‘anybody put in front of him’ as his next opponent looks unclear


Fury had agreed an August 14 date with Anthony Joshua (L) in a Saudi Arabia mega-fight

That is now likely to be pushed back to December with Joshua expected to take an alternative summer fight by way of a mandatory defence of his WBO title against Olexsandr Usyk.

When the mediation verdict from retired US judge Daniel Weinstein came down, Fury took time out from working out in Miami to say: ‘I’m in the dark about all this. All I know is that I need a fight after being out for long.

‘Can I be ready for July? I would fight next week if we could find an opponent and get something on.’

Tyson said previously he would not box Wilder again after being ‘disrespected’ by the Bronze Bomber’s claims that he had been ‘cheated’ by his seventh-round knock-out.

‘I’ve not had a fight since stopping that big dosser. I’ve been training for weeks in Vegas. I sparred 30 rounds without a break – ‘ Gypsy Rules’ – while in Dallas supporting my bro’ Billy Joe against Canelo. I’ve carried on training in Miami and I’m heading back to Vegas shortly. Keeping going.

It now looks increasingly likely that Fury will face Deontay Wilder again, on July 24 in Las Vegas

Promoter Frank Warren has admitted they will have to pay Wilder off to get him to step aside

‘This boxing business keeps blowing in the wind. All I can say is that I’m fit and ready to fight anyone right now. But for me this has been going on too long.’

Fury has been out of the ring for one year and three months since his sensational stoppage of Wilder and will now be asked to get him out of the way thrice over for all in July and move on to Joshua thereafter.

Hearn, Joshua’s promoter who had given team Fury ‘no more than a week to sort Wilder out,’ has opened negotiations for AJ to fight Usyk.

Delaying Joshua-Fury to midwinter throws a projected second fight between the two into deeper jeopardy. That rematch was originally slated for November beneath the roof of Cardiff’s Principality. 

If it still happens Wembley would become a possible venue next spring. Although steam may be running out of the project as far as the public concerned.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article