Strictly Come Dancing: 'We will all be there' says Motsi Mabuse
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Motsi Mabuse appeared on Good Morning Britain to respond to presenters Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway’s questions about the news of a professional dancer testing positive for coronavirus. But the Strictly Come Dancing judge assured the hosts that everyone involved in the ballroom dancing programme was “being tested and trying to isolate”.
Earlier this week, it emerged that there was a positive coronavirus case in the professional line-up, with Strictly Come Dancing bosses confirming it had not impacted this weekend’s pre-recorded launch show.
The BBC also announced the professional dancer’s celebrity partner’s result came back as negative.
Their identity remains unknown, while it is also not confirmed if they will be back when the competition kicks off on September 25.
Motsi appeared on Friday’s Good Morning Britain to answer questions about where things stand on this year’s show after Katya Jones and Nicola Adams had to exit the competition last year after testing positive for Covid.
Speaking to Ben and Kate, Motsi said: “It is still a pandemic, we cannot ignore the fact.
“As much as we want our lives back there are still issues here, and the BBC is doing its utmost to keep everybody safe.
“We’re being tested and we’re trying to isolate as much as we can. But things can happen, and we should be able to go through that, and everybody should be responsible and take care of themselves.
“But we can’t plan these things. So we just have to react and hope that everybody stays healthy.”
She was then asked whether the positive test result could potentially lead to a last-minute pairing swap ahead of the first live shows airing soon.
The 40-year-old judge replied: “There is such a long time from the first recording to the start that I think we’ll all be there, all be healthy, and all keep on dancing.
“That’s what I can say for now.”
Motsi ended the interview confident that everyone should be in the first live show as planned.
However, a source told The Mirror: “This is proving to be a nightmare for producers, just as they prepare to bring back Strictly for its first full series since the pandemic.”
They added: “It means that Strictly viewers are likely to watch the pro paired with their celeb, then they could be separated by the time the first live show begins.
“That also means that the pro in question will probably end up only taking part in group dances throughout the new series, which will be particularly galling.”
BBC bosses are now facing a tense few months as they wait to see if any further contestants will have to pull out of the running.
Strictly was put on hold for a month and reduced to just nine weeks instead of the usual 13 due to the pandemic last year.
Producers have confirmed the 2021 outing will be a ‘full-length’ series, complete with themed weeks, group dances and a Christmas special.
However, the series will once again go ahead without its signature Blackpool Tower Ballroom special.
Strictly Come Dancing 2021’s launch show airs at 7.45pm tomorrow (September 18) on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article