Making use of his social media platform, the actor, who successfully stole hearts as the Duke of Hastings, clarifies whether he’s returning to the hit Netflix drama series’ season 3.
AceShowbiz –Rege-Jean Page is setting the record straight. The Duke of Hastings depicter on “Bridgerton” has clarified whether he’s returning to the hit Netflix series after being spotted with the show’s second season’s star Jonathan Bailey.
The actor, who successfully stole hearts as Simon Hastings in season 1 of Shonda Rhimes’ hit series, shot down speculation that he was heading back to the show after he was spotted with Lord Anthony Bridgerton depicter in Milan during Fashion Week.
Turning to his Instagram page on Tuesday, June 21, Rege-Jean captioned a photo of him and Jonathan, “The boys are back in town. [red heart emoji].” He then declared, “No, I’m not going back to the show btw – the papers made that one up.” He continued, “But we had the best, and most stylish, catch up I’ve had in a while over some truly excellent Italian coffee and sunshine.”
A few days earlier, it’s reported that Rege-Jean has had discussions with the show’s bosses about reprising his role. “Rege-Jean was always very open about his intention to quit the show after the first season and to move on to other projects,” a source told The Sun. “But recently there has been a dialogue between him and the show’s bosses. Nothing has been formally agreed yet, but watch this space.”
Last April, Netflix announced that Rege-Jean would not return for the second season, which dropped March this year. “Dearest readers, While all eyes turn to Lord Anthony Bridgerton’s quest to find a Viscountess, we bid adieu to Rege-Jean Page, who so triumphantly played the Duke of Hastings,” the streaming service said in a tweet at the time. “We’ll miss Simon’s presence onscreen, but he will always be a part of the Bridgerton family.”
“Pleasure and a privilege!” Rege-Jean tweeted in response. “An honour to be a member of the family – on and off screen, cast, crew and incredible fans – the love is real and will just keep growing.”
Rege-Jean’s short stay on the show may have disappointed fans, but it’s something he felt comfortable with all along. “It’s a one-season arc. It’s going to have a beginning, middle, end, give us a year,” he told Variety in April last year. “[I thought], ‘That’s interesting,’ because then it felt like a limited series. I get to come in, I get to contribute my bit and then the ‘Bridgerton’ family rolls on.”
Source: Read Full Article