Ten people quarantined on a cruise liner anchored in the Japanese port of Yokohama have tested positive for coronavirus, health officials confirmed.
TV Asahi has reported that ten passengers have been rushed to hospital from the "ghost ship", with others on board still consigned to their rooms.
Japan ordered the ship into quarantine after an 80-year-old passenger, who left the vessel in Hong Kong on January 25, tested positive for coronavirus.
Pictures and footage emerged earlier on social media showing the empty corridors, deserted lounges and barren deck of the Diamond Princess.
British passenger David Abel said a newcomer would be shocked to discover there are actually 3,600 people aboard.
He said some of his fellow passengers "don't give a damn about personal hygiene" and slammed an American who had potentially spread germs at the dinner table.
Britain has tonight announced a final rescue flight will be sent to Wuhan, the deadly virus' epicentre, on Sunday.
And the death toll from coronavirus in mainland China has risen to 490, up 65 in 24 hours, with more than 24,000 cases now recorded.
On board the Diamond Princess medical officials have been pictured going to each cabin room as they check up on the passengers.
According to a statement from Japan's health ministry, the guests' temperatures and overall conditions are being monitored.
Mr Abel added: "The only checks are hygiene at food time. Other than that staff are going about their business. You would not be aware there are 3,600 people onboard, that’s for sure.
"Staff are constantly cleaning and sanitizing public areas such as handrails and door handles. Passengers are requested not to use public toilets unless in emergency.
"The results from the health ‘samples’ taken will not be available until midnight. We are still anchored in the bay.
"The next announcement will be around 6:00 am local time. Nobody is able to book onward flights as we have no idea when quarantine will clear."
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said on Tuesday night: "We have been working round the clock to help British nationals leave Hubei province, on UK, French and New Zealand flights.
"The Foreign Office is chartering a second and final UK flight with space to help all British nationals and their dependants remaining in Hubei to leave.
"I encourage all British nationals in Hubei to register with our teams if they want to leave on this flight."
The government also today urged the remaining 30,000 Britons in China to leave the country
Source: Read Full Article