'Humiliated' Adriana Kuch killed herself after being taunted by texts

‘Humiliated’ New Jersey teen killed herself at home after being taunted with texts from bullies who beat her in school hall – as callous superintendent claims there are ‘two sides to every story’ – the day before her funeral

  • Adriana Kuch killed herself on February 3 – two days after being beaten up 
  • Her father says her bullies were taunting her with texts after the attack 
  • School bosses failed to call police, and still have not expelled the students 

‘Humiliated’ New Jersey teenager Adriana Kuch killed herself after being taunted with texts from the bullies who beat her in the school halls, her father has told  DailyMail.com. 

Adriana, 14, took her own life in her bedroom at her family home in Berkeley Township, New Jersey, on February 3. 

Hours beforehand, she had received a taunting text message from one of the girls who filmed the attack, making fun of her for ‘dripping’ blood on the floor, and being ‘whooped’. 

Four teenage girls have now been charged over the attack, which left Adriana with a busted lip and severely bruised legs. DailyMail.com is not naming the girls, who are all minors. 

Michael Kuch, Adriana’s father, says the beating was instigated by one of the girls, who was jealous about Adriana’s friendship with another girl. 

What drove her to kill herself, he says, is the fact that she was ’embarrassed’ about the fast-spreading videos of the attack on TikTok and Snapchat. 

Adriana Kuch, 14, killed herself on February 3, two days after being beaten in the school halls

‘She was so embarrassed that they jumped her. She would say, “I don’t want to be made fun of.” 

‘It was like she was attacked twice. 

‘It used to be you’d go to school, get bullied and then you left.

‘But now you come home and you keep getting bullied – they still keep picking at you home.’ 

He has also slammed the school – Central Regional High School – for neither expelling the bullies or calling the police after the attack. 

An investigation was only launched by the authorities after he took Adriana to a police station with a bloodied, battered face.

‘I can’t begin to tell you how angry I am at the school, at the police department… if those videos hadn’t been posted, these girls would have ended up with a one day suspension or in no trouble at all. 

‘The [school] has done nothing. They should not be in charge of our children’s safety.’ 

Mr. Kuch is also ‘sickened’ by the fact that as he and his wife prepare to bury Adriana, the school superintendent, Triantafillos Parlapanides, is defending himself on social media, writing in one post just yesterday – almost a week after Adriana’s suicide: ‘There are two sides to every story’.

Mr. Kuch, who served 22 years in the US Army, is calling for all of the staff at the school to be fired.

‘You trust these people to keep your children safe but they are failing. 

‘They need to go.

‘As I’m getting ready for my daughter’s funeral, he’s posting online saying “there are two sides to every story?”

‘It makes me sick. There’s one side. She was assaulted.’ 

Adriana with her boyfriend Jason, who tried to pull the other girls off her and protect her 

One of the girls involved in the attack posted these heartless messages on Snapchat. Adriana’s father said: ‘It used to be you’d go to school, get bullied and then you left. But now you come home and you keep getting bullied – they still keep picking at you home.’

The school superintendent’s office did not immediately respond to inquiries about the post. 

The attack occurred on February 1st. Adriana was walking down the hall with her boyfriend when she was jumped. 

Two of the girls filmed the attack – including the one whom Mr. Kuch says was the ‘instigator’, while another two did the beating. 

At one point, Adriana was smacked in the face with a filled-up 20z water bottle, her father says. 

Some teachers eventually rushed in to break up the beating, but Adriana had by that point ‘blacked out’, her father says. 

She later called him in tears, telling him she’d been attacked. 

He rushed to the school and was horrified when staff said they had neither called the police nor had they thought to take Adriana to a doctor.

‘All they’d done was taken her to the school nurse,’ he said. 

He asked why the girls weren’t immediately expelled, and says he was told by school staff that it’s not their ‘policy’. 

Mr. Kuch says he got the same response when he asked the teachers why no one had called police. 

‘If they had only just called the police and the girls would have been rounded up there and then, everybody would have seen it was wrong. 

Adriana’s bruised legs after the attack. Her father said she was mostly ‘humiliated’ by the video, which made her feel like she’d been attacked ‘twice’ 

According to her father Kuch was ‘smashed in the face three times with a water bottle’ and ‘blacked out.’ He then had to take his blood covered daughter to the police station to file a report because the school refused to do so

Adriana’s father said she was ’embarrassed’ by the videos spreading online 

‘It pains me how easily this all could have been solved,’ he said. 

Outraged by the school’s lack-luster response, Michael, Kuch’s father is speaking out 

Instead, he took Adriana to the police station to file a report. But he says they too dragged their feet. 

He had to supply them with videos of the incident that had started spreading on social media. 

‘I feel like I’ve had to do all of the investigating. I’m doing everyone’s job while grieving,’ he said. 

The day after the beating, Adriana stayed home from school. 

She lived with her father, stepmother, 16-year-old brother and two stepsisters. 

Her mother tragically died when she was seven.  

‘Her father says the school staff told her to, because they didn’t want bullies to mock her swelling or bruising. 

‘We spent time together… she decided that she wanted to go back to school the next day. 

‘She went to her boyfriend’s house during the day. I got home at around 5 o’clock. 

‘We had McDonald’s and I got her her favorite – the crispy chicken sandwich. 

‘We had dinner, we talked about friends and making life choices… I kind of liked to lecture her.

‘We had a great conversation, [my wife and I] said that we wanted her to be hanging out with good people and tried to explain to her how that would help in life. 

‘She was in a good mood,’ he said. 

The family said goodnight and went to their separate bedrooms. 

Cameras inside the home showed Adriana going from her bedroom in the converted basement into the kitchen for snacks at around 10pm.

On a Facebook post yesterday, school superintendent Trian Parlapanides made this remark saying there are ‘two sides to every story’. He was responding to a post by a mother and alumni who said she’d never send her daughters to the school after learning of Adriana’s suicide

The school superintendent shared this letter with parents and on the school website 

Now, her father knows from her cellphone records that she had been online and texting with her boyfriend. 

He also knows that she received a direct message from one of the girls involved, taunting her about the video and the beating. 

He says it made fun of her for ‘dripping’ blood, and that she got her ‘a** whooped.’ 

The last text Adriana sent was to her boyfriend at 10.46pm. 

At 5am, her stepmother went down to her room to wake her up. Mr. Kuch recalls hearing her ‘screaming’. 

‘I was in the kitchen, the wife went downstairs [to wake Adriana] and I just heard her screaming “no”. 

‘I ran downstairs and see immediately that her bed s empty. At first I thought, “did she sneak out to her boyfriend’s?” 

School superintendent Trian Parlapanides

‘That’s when I turned left, and I saw her there, in the closet. 

‘She had on the same clothes that she’d been wearing the day before. A brown jacket I had just bought her. 

‘She loved that jacket.’

The family is preparing for a private visitation today. Adriana’s funeral will be held tomorrow.   

The four girls have been charged now; three with fourth degree assault, and one with disorderly conduct. 

It is unclear if they will be prosecuted as adults or minors. 

Mr. Kuch says he has a meeting with the local prosecutor to be consulted on the case next week. 

In an interview with News 12 New Jersey, the superintendent also defended not calling the police, saying: ‘We normally just suspend. 

‘If a parent wants to press charges they can with the police. 

‘But we’re not going to double-whammy a kid where they are suspended and then police charges as well.’ 

Source: Read Full Article