I'm a ice expert and this is why you should NEVER have it in your drinks in pubs and restaurants

AN ICE technician has revealed how you can get sick from enjoying chilly beverages at bars and restaurants.

The expert, who goes by the name "the ice man" on TikTok, filmed his inspection on a filthy ice machine.


In the video, he inspects the grimy machine which has yellow and brown mould around the hinges.

"Let me tell you something real quick – a lot of times people go to restaurants, they get sick and they think it's food poisoning or the food made them sick," he explains in the video.

"Let me tell you this, there's a chance that it's the ice that got you sick."

He then opens up the water container in the machine which has cloudy scum floating on top.

"That water I just showed you is what made the ice," he said.

"You can't tell me that this water hasn't given people the runs.

"It's bacterial water, so, so dirty.

"There's a lot of articles online talking about how dirty commercial ice is, so you guys should read them."

And underneath the container of scummy water is a section where the ice has fallen – which is to be used in unsuspecting customers drinks.

According to a food safety website, the bacteria that can cause serious harm to humans are able to survive in ice cubes.

People can catch cholera, Samonella, E.Coli and other illnesses from ingesting dirty ice.

And TikTokers who viewed ice man's video said they had just "unlocked a new fear".


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article