A PET owner in Australia found a horrifying note next to a "poisoned" bone left for her puppy because she "barks too much".
Cheri Blair, 66, rushed her Portuguese Podengo Jolene to the vet after discovering the strange bone in her backyard in a north Sydney suburb.
Speaking to the Mail Online Ms Blair explained how at around 6 am on Monday morning she had let out Jolene for a walk.
Bur when the seven-month-old pup didn't come back to the house, Ms Blair went outside to find her.
It was then that she discovered the dog with the bone by her side.
"I went down there and It was bone, and it was one of those ones that you have to go to pet store to get there like a freeze-dried bone, quite big."
Ms Blair said that she had initially thrown the bone back over the fence and headed back into the house but growing suspicious she checked the backyard again.
"Something made me go down there [again], and then I looked down.
"There was a letter, but it was sealed in an envelope and it had the message on it."
The terrifying note read: "Your dog is to be poisoned, to much barking, sorry but no choice, your falt [sic]."
"I just started freaking out and I started screaming at my husband, go get the bone," said Ms Blair.
"They couldn't even spell, it was horrible."
Jolene the pup was then immediately rushed to an emergency vet clinic in Artarmon.
"We don't know for sure [if the bone was poisoned], but I was going to take any chances. I mean it's obviously quite threatening," Ms Blair said.
The pup was forced to stay for the day in the animal hospital to be monitored.
NSW Police confirmed to 7NEWS that they had attended the scene and were investigating the allegations.
Ms Blair claimed they also took the letter away for DNA testing.
“The dog is fine and well,” police added in their statement.
After hearing about the poisoning incident Ms Blair siad that two different neighbours told her that they had never heard Jolene bark.
However, the 66-year-old said she recalled one incident on Saturday where Jolene barked for 20 minutes after another dog had upset her.
She said that she remembered hearing a female voice shout "shut up" and wondered if that person was behind the alleged poisoning.
Source: Read Full Article