Prince Harry ‘will NOT come back to UK for Remembrance Day’ and will stay in New York for veterans awards

PRINCE Harry will not be returning to the UK for Remembrance Day, instead choosing to fly to New York to honour veterans, it's reported.

News the duke will stay in the US for the commemoration comes after it was confirmed he and Meghan also won't make it back for a postponed party celebrating Princess Diana.

Harry – who served in the Army for a decade, completing two tours of Afghanistan – will instead present the inaugural Intrepid Valor Awards in the Big Apple next month.

The ceremony will pay tribute to veterans and military families “living with the invisible wounds of war”, the Telegraph reports.

The royal was left feeling "deeply wounded" last year when the Queen reportedly decided to block his wreath from reaching the Cenotaph as he no longer represents the monarchy.

The tribute was later seen lying forgotten at the Royal British Legion's Kent headquarters.

The monarch's alleged decision is believed to have fuelled Harry's rift with the family – and may even have led to March's bombshell Oprah interview.

Harry and Meghan instead paid their respects at a cemetery in Los Angeles on Remembrance Sunday 2020.

The pair were accused of a "PR stunt" by some after a professional photographer accompanied them for the ceremony.

TV firebrand Piers Morgan – a long-standing critic of the couple – tweeted: “Outrageous.

"Treating Remembrance Sunday like a PR opportunity & trying to steal headlines from the real royals doing their duty back home.”

Harry spoke of his service during a moving interview last November.

Speaking on military podcast Declassified, he said wearing the uniform was "among the greatest honours there are in life".

"The act of remembering, of remembrance, is a profound act of honour," the prince said.

'DEEPLY WOUNDED'

"It's how we preserve the legacies of entire generations and show our gratitude for the sacrifices they made in order for us to be able to live the lives we live today."

Harry has returned to the UK twice this year, once for his grandfather's funeral and again for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to Diana.

It is not known whether he will make a return for the rest of the year.

He and Meghan had previously been mulling a visitfor a party to mark his late mother, which will be attended by 100 guests including William and Sir Elton John,

It's understood Harry was particularly keen to travel back for the hour-long celebration.

But now it has been confirmed by a spokesperson for the Sussexes that the couple will not be returning for the bash.

🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates

Travel restrictions from the USA have now been lifted so the California-based pair would have been spared Covid quarantine.

Majesty Magazine editor-in-chief Ingrid Seward, at said of the reception: “You would have thought it would definitely be something Harry would really want to be at.

"I can’t imagine anything less important for him because he would want to respect his mother.

“It is an important gathering of his mother’s friends. He could even get a few quotes for his memoir.

“I am sure Meghan would want to be there for Diana and Harry.”

The palace did not want to comment.



We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article