Warning to parents as baby boy suffers horror burns after wetting bed fitted with an electric blanket

A TODDLER has suffered painful second-degree burns after wetting a bed that was fitted with an electric blanket.

The one-year-old was rushed to the nearest Children's Hospital after his stunned parents found him with angry burn marks on his lower body.

The boy's parents were said to have been worried about him getting cold as they had no central heating, so had provided him with an electric blanket.

After wetting the bed without a nappy on, the doctors said the tot suffered second-degree burns to his lower back and legs, covering 10 percent of his body.

The mother told medics that the boy would normally wear a nappy but she had been distracted and had not put one him.

The doctors at Xi'an Children's Hospital, in the Chinese province of Shaanxi, treated the burn wounds and said that although severe, no other conditions or injuries were found and the tot is currently in a stable condition.

Doctors have been urging parents against the dangers of using electric blankets on children.

Reports have suggested that more and more rural families are choosing to use heated blankets instead of central heating.

Most read in News

BLIZZARD CHAOS

Urgent 'danger to life' warning & heavy snow as Storm Barra to blast Britain

'OUCH'

I was given eye-watering bill at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant after misreading menu

'USE ME FOR PLEASURE'

Doctor's saucy WhatsApp message flashes up on screen in TV interview

WHITE OUT

URGENT ice warning as 80mph Storm Barra set to dump 8 INCHES in blizzards chaos

According to the Xi'an Children's Hospital, parent's should cut their clothes away as carefully as possible to prevent tearing or causing further damage, if their children get burned.

Parents should also cool the scalded area with cold water before dressing it with bandages or a clean towel and going to the nearest medical centre for medical attention.

They said that even older children can be affected as well.

Recently a 13-year-old girl was also burned after wetting her bed with an electric blanket on and was rushed to the Xi'an Children's Hospital for treatment.


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too.

Click here to upload yours.

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article