Stephen Fry rushed to hospital with horror injuries after falling off stage

Stephen Fry discusses free speech

Stephen Fry was rushed to hospital after a horror fall at an AI and tech festival in London.

The actor and broadcaster, 66, had been speaking at the £495 ticket CogX Festival at The O2 Arena and it is understood when he exited the stage he tumbled six feet off the edge to the floor.

A source told Mail Online: “It looked like it was too dark and there didn’t look like there was a handrail.

“He fell two metres to the floor. He looked to have been hurt as he had to leave in a wheelchair.”

It was claimed Stephen sustained rib and leg injuries and he was later taken to hospital.

READ MORE: Strictly faces chaos as Shirley Ballas struck down with illness just before show[LATEST]

The incident is believed to have occurred on Thursday (September 14) but has only just come to light. It is not known whether the actor is still in hospital.

Separately organisers of the CogX Festival have launched their own enquiry into the fall.

A spokesperson for the event told Mail Online: “We were deeply concerned to hear of Stephen’s accident after giving his inspirational speech on the impact of AI.

“We are thinking of him and wishing him a swift recovery. We have opened our own inquiry and until then we are not able to share any further details.”

Don’t miss…
Bobby Brazier concerned Strictly Come Dancing debut will go ‘really badly'[LATEST]
Les Dennis feared ‘bumping into’ ex Amanda Holden while walking past Heart FM[ADMISSION]
Strictly’s Anton Du Beke snubbed as he misses out on judging top spot[STRICTLY]

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info has approached Stephen Fry’s representatives for comment.

The event was billed as featuring 500 speakers and ran over three days at the venue.

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called today at 11:31am to reports of an incident at the O2 Arena, in Peninsula Square.

“We sent a medic in a fast-response car, an ambulance crew, and an incident response officer to the scene.

“We treated a man for rib and leg injuries before taking him to hospital.”

Source: Read Full Article