WITH a place in the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup up for grabs, the pressure has ratcheted up a couple of notches, and on Wednesday evening, Bournemouth will pit their wits against Liverpool.
Jurgen Klopp’s charges are the most successful team in League Cup history with nine triumphs in the competition. But will they be derailed or come out on top in their quest to land more domestic silverware?
Featured bonus for Bournemouth vs Liverpool
⏩ Quick betting tips for Bournemouth vs Liverpool
- Gakpo as anytime scorer – 11/5 with bet365
- 8+ corners during the game – 1/6 with Sky Bet
- Liverpool to qualify – 1/4 with Spreadex
Bournemouth vs Liverpool odds
Here are the latest match odds for Bournemouth vs Liverpool odds from our top-rated football bookies:
Bournemouth vs Liverpool betting preview
Bournemouth have gone through the motions this season, and they sit just a point above the relegation zone. However, they stopped the rot of four defeats on the spot with a vital 2-1 win at home to Burnley.
Androni Iraola could do with a bit of respite, and while a maiden Premier League victory came at the 10th time of asking, he will be hoping the Carabao Cup will be slightly kinder to him.
However, Max Aarons is a doubt after coming off injured against Burnley, while Lewis Cook is suspended. Summer signing Andrei Radu is set to continue between the sticks with fellow goalkeeper Neto injured.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have continued to go under the radar, but they warmed up for this clash in the best possible way with a rousing 3-0 win at home to Nottingham Forest, and they should be in contention in the title race.
Klopp could well rotate his squad and make wholesale changes to his team, which is likely to see Mohamed Salah given a rest, and while there have been some defensive concerns, they have conceded just once in their past two games in all competitions.
The Reds have won 15 of their 20 clashes with Bournemouth, including a 3-1 win in the league at Anfield back in August, and they will be looking to take another step closer to Carabao Cup glory.
📝 Bournemouth vs Liverpool key stats
Before kick-off, we have rummaged through the stats and picked out a few that are worth bearing in mind.
- This will represent the third League Cup meeting between Bournemouth and Liverpool, with the Reds winning the previous two – 3-1 in the quarter-final in 2014/15, while the other arrived in the fourth round (1-0) the following season.
- Liverpool will be contesting their 250th League Cup tie. Only one other side, Aston Villa, has played more matches (257).
- The Merseyside outfit is also the most successful team in the competition’s history lifting the Carabao Cup on nine occasions.
- Bournemouth have progressed from their last 10 home League Cup ties, winning eight in 90 minutes, and advancing in the other two via penalties.
- Liverpool’s 75% win ratio against the Cherries is the best against any opponent they have faced 10 or more times.
- Bournemouth have conceded 12 times in their past three clashes with Liverpool.
Bournemouth vs Liverpool best bets
Here's what we have in store for you today:
Gakpo to score anytime (bet365)
After suffering a knee injury in the 2-1 defeat away to Tottenham in September, Gakpo has been working his way back to full fitness.
He has had a couple of cameo appearances from the bench, and he came through the last 32 minutes of the win over Forest at the weekend unscathed.
The likes of Darwin Nunez and Salah could be taken out of the firing line, and Gakpo, who has netted three times in the league this term, will relish the opportunity to do well in the Carabao Cup, and he represents good value to score anytime.
⚽ Back Gakpo to score anytime at 11/5 with bet365 ⚽
Total Corners during the game 8+ (Sky Bet)
Across their past three games in all competitions, Liverpool have averaged eight corners per match.
Bournemouth will have to do a lot of defending and bide their time before launching sweeping counter-attacks.
The Total Corners market is always intriguing, and 8+ corners is worth considering even if Liverpool should dominate this line.
⚽ Back there to be 8+ corners during the game at 1/6 with Sky Bet ⚽
Liverpool to qualify for the next round (Spreadex)
Given Liverpool’s credentials in the competition, they will fancy their chances of a deep foray in this season’s edition.
The chance to reach double figures for League Cup wins will be very tempting, and Klopp’s men should have too much for Bournemouth.
Although they lost 1-0 on their previous trip to the South Coast in the league back in March, Liverpool should progress with minimal fuss, and this market is worth paying attention to.
⚽ Back Liverpool to qualify at 1/4 with Spreadex ⚽
📺 How to watch Bournemouth vs Liverpool
- Location: Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth
- Time: 19:45 GMT on Wednesday, 1st November
- Where to watch: Not televised in the UK
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
The UK’s most trusted betting sites and what deals they’re offering now
Check out the UK’s best football betting sites including odds & offers
Best betting apps including great sign up offers to use on sport during November
All the best free bets & sign up offers for punters right here
Source: Read Full Article