Horrifying truth behind jersey woman’s innocent snap of static hair: ‘You were close to death’
- Woman warned she was close to death after sharing photo
- READ MORE: Boy struck by lightning at beach
A woman has been warned she was ‘close to death’ after sharing a snap of her hair standing on end during her morning walk.
The woman, from Jersey, was walking her dogs on the beach when her hair shot up into the air.
She posted a picture on Facebook where people were quick to let her know she had just cheated death.
The woman explained she felt a ‘very tingly feeling in my head/forehead’ and said her hair was ‘going static’ for 15 minutes.
She said she could ‘hear thunder’ on the French coast which is about 25 kilometers away.
A woman has been warned she was ‘close to death’ after sharing a snap of her hair standing on end during her morning walk
‘I did start to get a little nervous & headed higher up the beach,’ she admitted.
‘Goodness knows what it would have looked like if I hadn’t had my hair tied back! It was a really weird sensation,’ she added.
But the light-hearted conversation turned dark quickly.
‘You were at risk of being struck, believe it or not you were a lightning rod standing on the beach projecting above the surrounding landscape, the beach isn’t ideal place that was an electrically charged atmosphere,’ one man wrote on the post.
‘An electric charge builds up as part of a “positive lightning strike.” The charge is what makes your hair stand up. You may not think you’re in trouble if the storm looks to still be off in the distance. But that electric charge is a sure sign that you should get inside as quickly as possible,’ one woman added.
Her comments backed up by the experts at US National Weather Service.
‘If your hair stands on end, lightning is about to strike you. Drop to your knees and bend forward but don’t lie flat on the ground. Wet ground is a good conductor of electricity,’ the National Weather Service team say.
Another woman shared a similar picture and said she also didn’t know the danger she was in
‘It is also recommended you get far away from the beach when storms roll in.
‘Your lucky to still be walking and talking as in cases with peoples hair standing up with static electricity would normally would have got struck by lightning as electricity channeling up through the earth to meet with a discharge from the storm,’ one person added.
Another woman added a picture of her own hair standing on end and said she had no idea it meant she could be struck.
‘This happened to me a couple of years ago… crikey I had no idea I was that close to being fried,’ she wrote.
The US National Weather Service recommend getting inside a house, large building, or all-metal vehicle when lightning is around.
READ MORE Car bursts into flames after lightning strike
Source: Read Full Article