IRELAND are hoping to complete a clean sweep this year by winning the Rugby World Cup – but they have to get past Romania first.
Andy Farrell guided the Irish to a 15th Six Nations triumph along with a 13th Triple Crown and a 4th Grand Slam after beating England in their final March fixture.
And this cemented Ireland's rankings at the top of the pile following last year's historic series success in New Zealand.
However, the Irish were on the wrong end of 46-14 thrashing when they last took part in a Rugby World Cup tournament courtesy of serial winners New Zealand.
But they'll be expected to get off to the perfect start against Romania who only qualified for the competition due to Spain's exile.
When is Ireland vs Romania?
- Ireland's Rugby World Cup opener against Romania will take place on Saturday, September 9.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 2:30pm BST.
- Matmut Atlantique, Bordeaux is the allocated arena for this intriguing match and it can host approximately 42,115 fans.
- Romania have NEVER beaten Ireland in a rugby contest in ten attempts with the Irish winning nine of them.
Read more on Rugby World Cup
All the details you need as England aim for World Cup glory in France
Hosts take on All Blacks in thrilling Rugby World Cup opener
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Ireland vs Romania will be broadcast LIVE on ITV 1 in the UK.
- Fans can also stream the entire action live via the ITV X app on any tablet or mobile device.
- Alternatively, SunSport will have minute-by-minute action of this Rugby World Cup opener through our live blog.
Can I watch it for FREE?
Fans can watch Ireland vs Romania for FREE as long as you hold a valid TV license in the UK.
Ireland boss Andy Farrell will have to go through the tournament without prop Cian Healy who sustained a leg injury during a scrappy warm-up win against Samoa.