Strictly’s Tyler West stranded for 36 hours by air traffic control chaos before being held up by drunken brawl on train | The Sun

STRICTLY Come Dancing star Tyler West spent 36 hours trying to get back from Rotterdam yesterday.

The 27-year-old DJ revealed his frustration as he became one of the thousands of travellers affected by a major traffic control failure yesterday.

A "technical issue" grounded 500 flights across the UK, leaving Brits stuck for hours and unable to get home.

Tyler shared his own experience with his followers – as he faced one issue after an other.

The Kiss Fm star told his followers: “We are stranded at Rotterdam because of something going on with the flights to the UK.”

He then revealed that his group had decided to get the train, but that also ended up being delayed.

Read More on Tyler West

EastEnders’ Molly Rainford strips to bikini as she snuggles up to Tyler West

Inside Strictly stars Tyler West and Molly Rainford’s romantic trip to Jamaica

Tyler explained: “So we’re being held at Brussels because two people had too much to drink and had a fight.”

He eventually made it back to London, telling everyone who had followed his journey:  “36 hours after we originally set off and now we are in London town, not even home but I am back. I’m delirious, I just want my bed.”

Not everyone was so lucky though and many are still stranded, with experts warning of knock-on disruption as planes and crews were left in the wrong places.

According to The Sun's travel editor, the issue "could not have come at a worse time" and disruption will likely continue into the week.

Most read in TV


Bachelorette contestant dead at 36 as family confirms 'unexpected' passing


How Maya Jama and Stormzy secretly rekindled their relationship


I'm having best sex of my life after shedding four stone, says Ola Jordan, 40

see his point?

Love Island’s Ouzy breaks silence on split from Kady McDermott

Lisa Minot said: "This is actually the busiest weekend since October 2019.

"The fact that it has gone on for so long means this is going to definitely start to impact flights all the way into next week.

"It's going to impact flights across the globe. I'm already seeing flights that were due to be landing here into the UK from places now not showing up until 7am or 8am tomorrow morning, and that's if they actually go ahead."

It's understood issues first arose around 8.30am yesterday.

Not all flights were grounded with NATS only putting "traffic flow restrictions" in place.

Although no exact cause has yet been given for the outage, a potential hack by a foreign power has not yet been ruled out.

Source: Read Full Article