Boy, 10, electrocuted in Blackpool seaside hotel is named after he died in hospital with family at his bedside
- Jack Piper-Sheach, from Wales, died from injuries sustained at Tiffany’s Hotel
A ten-year-old boy who died after suffering an electric shock in the reception area of a seaside hotel in Blackpool has been named.
Jack Piper-Sheach, from Wales, tragically died in hospital with his family at his bedside from injuries sustained at Tiffany’s Hotel on the famed promenade.
Police said they were called to the guest house, known locally as the ‘pink hotel’, at 10.39pm on September 3 after a boy was found unresponsive.
They said he was then taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool and had injuries ‘consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity’.
Doctors made every effort to save the boy before he tragically passed away on September 7, a spokesman for Lancashire Police said.
Police said they were called to the guest house, known locally as the ‘pink hotel’, at 10.39pm on September 3 after a boy was found unresponsive (File Photo)
Coroner Alan Wilson has now confirmed that an inquest into his death at Blackpool and Fylde Coroner’s Court will open on Friday.
After initial enquiries, Lancashire Police handed their investigation into the incident to Blackpool Council.
The local authority advised Tiffany’s Hotel to temporarily close while it undertakes health and safety investigations.
A spokesperson for Blackpool Council said: ‘The investigation is still ongoing and at this stage. We are unable to predict when the hotel will be able to reopen.
‘We are carrying out the investigation and officers from the Health and Safety Executive have been offering specialist support.’
After hearing of Jack’s tragic passing, a spokesperson for Tiffany’s Hotel said: ‘We are heartbroken by the news we have received today and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.
‘We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.’
Source: Read Full Article