Drake reportedly had no problem spending six figures at an Astroworld afterparty following the fatal festival.
According to Toronto Blog, footage of the rapper at a Houston, Texas strip club began circulating after the tragic event. The clip was originally posted by DJ Akademiks, a close friend of Drake. In the video, nine women can be seen collecting money off a strip club floor.
RELATED: Ariana Grande Sells Her Home For $14 Million After Living In It For A Year
“Say thanks Drake!” a man can be heard shouting from behind the camera. In response, the women say in unison, “Thanks Draaaake!”
In the caption, DJ Akademiks hinted that Drake spent at least $1 million on the afterparty, writing, “They saying #drake went to the strip club in Houston and threw like a milly.”
Despite controversy surrounding the incident, the video remains up on DJ Akademiks’ Instagram. It’s been liked over 95,000 times.
A post shared by DJ Akademiks (@akademiks)
The afterparty reportedly took place at a Dave & Buster’s location. Drake has an affinity for the chain. In September, he celebrated the success of his newest album Certified Lover Boy by renting out a Dave & Buster’s in Miami, Florida. Over 1,000 women were reportedly in attendance, and so were fellow celebrities like Future, Alexis Skyy, and Yella Beezy.
Drake wasn’t the only entertainer at the Astroworld afterparty. Travis Scott reportedly attended the event, too.
One source told NBC News that Travis wasn’t aware of the fatalities when he headed to the party, and immediately left when he was informed. Sources have similarly claimed that Drake was initially unaware people died in the commotion.
A post shared by Champagnepapi (@drakeofificial)
Astroworld Festival took place on Friday, November 5th. The festival was supposed to last the full weekend, though the additional days were cancelled after the chaos of the first day.
Drake showed up for a surprise performance at the festival around 9:15 p.m., but reports suggest the crowd had already started to “compress toward the front of the stage,” Complex explains. Drake’s arrival reportedly led to “additional panic.”
In total, eight people between the ages of 14 to 27 were killed during the commotion, and over 300 people were treated for injuries.
A post shared by flame (@travisscott)
Now, Drake, Travis, and Live Nation have been hit with multiple lawsuits over the event. One lawsuit filed by Manuel Souza, who says he was injured during the ordeal, is seeking at least $1 million in damages, claiming the convert organizers have committed gross negligence.
Similarly, another lawsuit has been filed by Kristian Parades, a concert-goer who was also injured at the event. Parades is seeking a six-figure payout, arguing that poor planning was the cause of the tragedy.
More lawsuits are expected to be filed in the coming weeks.
Sources: NBC News, Toronto Blog, Complex
Source: Read Full Article