While most ideas are aimed at women, there’s help for partying menfolk, too.
- Sun Deputy Fashion Editor Clemmie Fieldsend says: “If you don’t want to splash out on a new outfit for the festive season’s parties, rummage in your wardrobe and seek out colour. Pairing bold, jewelled tones together create a dazzling outfit.”
My tip: “This is a great idea but I recently cleared out all my old clothes so I tried out a charity shop instead.
“Insiders have told me that the key to landing a bargain is to arrive around an hour after opening. Most shops have been saving sparkly items all year for festive shoppers. I got a sequin top for just £2.99, which is a £33.76 saving compare to a similar £36.75 Warehouse polo I wanted.
- Fabulous Fashion Director Tracey Lea Sayer says: “There is no need to buy a new frock every year. You can make an old one look all shiny and new with a great pair of statement earrings and a pair of killer heels.”
My tip: “Totally right, statement earrings are the way to go, but while I found popular £15.99 ones from from Mango, I like George at Asda.
“You can get a pair of sparkly drop earrings for £6, saving you £9.99.”
- Megan Fife, of ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk says: “If you don’t want to buy a full new outfit, just focus on buying a sparkly top. For men who only have one special occasion suit, freshen up your look by buying a cheap eye-catching shirt.”
My tip: “Primark have loads of great options at the moment, including a £8 navy dot shirt, just like one from T.M. Lewin for £44.95, saving you £36.95.”
- Robyn Taylor, phasesofrobyn. com, says: “Don’t be ashamed to re-wear a dress. If you want a new one, plan for a few occasions it would do for. An office party dress usually works just as well for New Year parties.”
My tip: “A classic LBD can be reworn numerous times by switching up your accessories but I also like a jumpsuit because it works for work, nights out and parties . . . and you don’t have to spend big — I like H&M’s £29.99 version but I’ve just bought Pep & Co’s £14 jumpsuit. It fits well, is a total bargain and a saving of £15.99.”
£15K to win for XMAS – how do I enter?
HAVE a Christmas to remember thanks to our latest sensational Sun Savers competition.
We’re giving THREE lucky readers £5,000 each towards their festive expenses.
Bag our prize and you won’t need to worry about all the presents, the big food shop or any decorations you want to put up.
To enter, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, December 11.
Enter the codes on the Sun Savers app or website. After your tenth code, head back to the “Win Christmas” page found in the “Offers” section and click “Enter” there.
Make sure you enter before midnight on Monday, December 17 when the competition closes.
Sun Savers is our fantastic rewards club which gives all readers the chance to take advantage of FREE cash, treats and prizes. If you’re not already a Sun Savers member then sign up today and get involved.
T&Cs apply – to read in full, see sunsavers.co.uk.
Deal of the day
PLAY-DOH’s 60th birthday special, with 60 pods, is on offer at The Entertainer. Was £39.99, now £19.99.
GRAB a bowl of Lizi’s Adven-turers Straw-berry granola, on offer in Asda. Was £3.29, now £2.
My Sun Savers fiver
ALAN MOULTON from Northop, Flints, says: “I have been saving up my fivers to get my carer a Christmas present. He does everything for me.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town with your email.
DECK your halls with this light-up wreath from B&M for £9.99 instead of the frosted foliage one from Next for £25.
Shop & save
TOAST the morning with Gin & Tonic marmalade. There’s 15 per cent off a jar at finefoodspecialist.co.uk with code: LOYALTY18. Was £4.95, now £4.21.
Reader's saving tip
STEPHEN WILD from Newton Aycliffe, County Durham says: “Put any scented soaps you may be gifted in your clothing drawers. They give your clothes a nice smell. When the perfume goes, just use the soap for its intended purpose.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Hot right now
HURRY to pick up this offer, it ends today. Get a £5 voucher on £50 spend or £10 voucher on £100 spend at Argos.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.