Man vs Chimp: One in 10 Britons think they could win fight with monkey

Man vs Chimp: One in 10 Britons think they could win a fight with a primate, poll shows

  • 1 in 10 Britons think they could fight a chimpanzee, which experts say is unlikely
  • Jan Garen, owner of a Monkey Sanctuary, said they ‘would stand no chance at all’
  • Meanwhile, just 67 per cent of British people believed they could fight a rat 
  • House cats are feared, with a third of UK people thinking a cat could defeat them 

If you think you could say boo to a goose and live to tell the tale, you’re on the same page as 45 per cent of Britons.

Americans are even braver according to a YouGov poll – with 61 per cent saying they would come out on top.

And astonishingly, 10 per cent of Britons think they could fight off a chimpanzee. 

Astonishingly, 10 per cent of Britons think they could fight off a chimpanzee. But Jan Garen, owner of Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Powys, told The Times this confidence was misplaced

But Jan Garen, owner of Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Powys, told The Times this confidence was misplaced: ‘A man would stand no chance at all. A chimp will go for your eyes so you can’t see, then hands so you can’t fight back.’

Britons and Americans were asked to rate their chances against 15 species. The British were far less confident – while at least 5 per cent of US women said they could take on crocodiles, elephants, gorillas and grizzly bears, less than 5 per cent of British men said the same.

In worrying news for our own pets, just 67 per cent of Britons said they could fight a rat – it is unclear how the other 33 per cent thought they would be bested.

House cats are surprisingly feared though, with a third of UK people thinking a cat could defeat them.

Both countries ranked the animals in the same order of threat: rat, cat, goose, medium-sized dog, eagle, big dog, chimpanzee, king cobra, kangaroo, wold, crocodile, gorilla, lion, elephant and grizzly bear.

Source: Read Full Article